Old 25th February 2018, 05:40 PM
UB40 Fan

Default Fingers crossed

Oh! Urgh! Feeling a little frustrated!
In 2014,2015,2016, finances allowed me to be able to afford to go see UB40 six times each of those years. I had the absolute best time of my life! Dream come true moments galore on top of hearing the best live band on the planet! Wow! Plus enjoyed meeting fellow UbLoonies too. It was absolutely fabulous as i had not been able to afford it before then. Only ever seeing UB40 if they played in Birmingham near my home town.
In 2017, due to work, health and finances i only managed 3 gigs (well Southampton got put off until Jan 2018 because the lovely Duncs was poorly and lost his voice) . So after enjoying 6 gigs a year for three years on the trot, that felt a little bit of a let down (on my part. Not the bands of course). Id been spoilt. The more you get the more you want with UB40 . Every gig left me wanting to do it again!
This year i only have one gig booked so far. RAH, London June, and i need to save every spare penny between then and now so i can go afford to go to London and stay over, returning the next day. Im not complaining about the cost. The happiness i get from seeing/hearing UB40 live is imence and worth every penny to me. My most favourite pleasure! I just dont earn enough!
I truely feel for those who have yet to experience a live show and hope you all get to a live gig sooner or later.
Im keeping my fingers crossed for more UK dates, in the second part of 2018, that i can go to, and hopefully hear songs from the forthcoming album. Exciting times. I cant wait. Fingers crossed. Big love xxxxxx
Old 25th February 2018, 06:26 PM
UB40 Fan

Yes Lyn, having withdrawal symptoms too! I have RAH and Rewind Perth (quite near me) booked; weighing up whether to spend a precious annual leave day to travel to Hull, or far too much money on hotel room in Bristol! Hope we have a clearer picture of how much money and time off we may need later by the time those dates come around!! Seeing them live truly is the best night, or several nights of the year - don't want to think about what I have spent since 2014 but Life is short and for enjoying......

Its so funny, I hardly ever look on here now - universe must have told me you had posted, great minds etc��
Old 25th February 2018, 07:26 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda C View Post
but Life is short and for enjoying......

Its so funny, I hardly ever look on here now - universe must have told me you had posted, great minds etc��
Hi Linda! Yeah! So happy you're going to RHA, will be great to see you again and enjoy another gig together! Loads of regular Ubloonies going to that one i think!
You are so right! Life is short and for enjoying! See you soon xxx big love xxx
Old 1st March 2018, 01:41 PM
UBloonie

I was lucky to see them two times in January but am missing them too. I really hope they put on some more dates for Netherlands, Belgium or Germany ( Germany as close as possible to the dutch border I mean) Am checking the tour info on this site almost every day now.