Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16th August 2013, 03:39 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default we're all in it together part 110 [or is it 111?]

As we now know, many people died unnecessarily at mid staffs hospital over a number of years.

But how did the managers get away with the cover-up for so long ??

One of the reasons is because consultants Price Waterhouse Cooper were paid nearly a quater of a million pounds to conduct an independent enquiry into goings-on at the hospital in question, with emphasis on standards of care and worrying mortality rates.

This was in 2008.

PWC subsequently gave mid-staffs trust a clean bill of health and pocketed the money.

Since PWC's meaningless and very expensive investigation many more people have died unnecessarily.

So what punishment did PWC receive for the tragic failures of their report ??

Did the government ask for the quarter of a million pounds of tax-payers to be returned ???


er, no.

Price Waterhouse Cooper have been given an EXTRA THREE MILLION POUNDS OF TAX PAYERS CASH TO INVESTIGATE A FURTHER 14 HOSPITAL TRUSTS !!!!!!




As I may have posted before.

PWC were Woolworths accountants before the company went t*ts-up a couple of years back.

In the final days before woolworths went bust they were offered a deal that would have prevented the bankruptcy. PWC turned down the deal claiming it was unworkable so the company went to the wall.

The government spent several million pounds appointing a company as trustees to oversee the insolvency.

The name of that company was. . . .PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPER.!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16th August 2013, 07:51 PM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
As we now know, many people died unnecessarily at mid staffs hospital over a number of years.

But how did the managers get away with the cover-up for so long ??

One of the reasons is because consultants Price Waterhouse Cooper were paid nearly a quater of a million pounds to conduct an independent enquiry into goings-on at the hospital in question, with emphasis on standards of care and worrying mortality rates.

This was in 2008.

PWC subsequently gave mid-staffs trust a clean bill of health and pocketed the money.

Since PWC's meaningless and very expensive investigation many more people have died unnecessarily.

So what punishment did PWC receive for the tragic failures of their report ??

Did the government ask for the quarter of a million pounds of tax-payers to be returned ???


er, no.

Price Waterhouse Cooper have been given an EXTRA THREE MILLION POUNDS OF TAX PAYERS CASH TO INVESTIGATE A FURTHER 14 HOSPITAL TRUSTS !!!!!!




As I may have posted before.

PWC were Woolworths accountants before the company went t*ts-up a couple of years back.

In the final days before woolworths went bust they were offered a deal that would have prevented the bankruptcy. PWC turned down the deal claiming it was unworkable so the company went to the wall.

The government spent several million pounds appointing a company as trustees to oversee the insolvency.

The name of that company was. . . .PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPER.!!!!
It's like the way the Egyptian Army operates these days........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16th August 2013, 08:32 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

Saad, how can you say the deaths of egyptian citizens were unnecessary ???

Look what the 'arab spring' has achieved, look at all the changes. . . . . .er. . . . . . .hang on a minute


Just like the banks it's a case of 'heads I win, tales you lose'
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16th August 2013, 09:15 PM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Saad, how can you say the deaths of egyptian citizens were unnecessary ???

Look what the 'arab spring' has achieved, look at all the changes. . . . . .er. . . . . . .hang on a minute


Just like the banks it's a case of 'heads I win, tales you lose'

Basically no one will ever be held to account for the deaths of the innocent either in Mid-Staffs or Egypt........................love the way Cameron & Obama have kept quiet of the killings in Cairo etc.......
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16th August 2013, 09:47 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

if you're on the inside you get away with everything, even MURDER ! If your on the outside you get 4 years jail for tweeting about a none-existent riot, or stealing an over-priced bottle of water.

all in it together. . . .they sure are
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16th August 2013, 10:06 PM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
if you're on the inside you get away with everything, even MURDER ! If your on the outside you get 4 years jail for tweeting about a none-existent riot, or stealing an over-priced bottle of water.

all in it together. . . .they sure are


As George Orwell wrote in Animal Farm when the pigs took over control:

'all are equal but some are more equal than others'
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17th August 2013, 12:05 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Personally I'm sick of the NHS as a whole being criticised.What happened in Mid Staffs was truly terrible but to paint the whole organisation as in crisis is ridiculous.Six months ago the NHS saved my mam's life against all odds and the care she received in three different hospitals was nothing short of superb.Who cares what the Daily Mail thinks.We're lucky to have the NHS,and the people who work in it.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17th August 2013, 03:25 PM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Personally I'm sick of the NHS as a whole being criticised.What happened in Mid Staffs was truly terrible but to paint the whole organisation as in crisis is ridiculous.Six months ago the NHS saved my mam's life against all odds and the care she received in three different hospitals was nothing short of superb.Who cares what the Daily Mail thinks.We're lucky to have the NHS,and the people who work in it.

What he said.........and my daughter who without the NHS would have died at birth & finally came home at 15 months old.........we can't let what happened at mid-Staffs define the view of the NHS..............God Bless Nye Bevan and William Beveridge............
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17th August 2013, 03:51 PM
MrGhost-F.G.E's Avatar
MrGhost-F.G.E MrGhost-F.G.E is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: planet earth
Posts: 516
Default

unfortunatly we live in a country thats obsessed with blame...
pointing the finger at people we see as beneath us...and blaming them
unemployed, muslim, single mother... hospital porter...all thier fault..

business today, private or public are obsessed by.....company policy,
policy before common sense and people...
lets not forget, anybody who is blamed for something, usually has thier life destroyed in the process, good talented people cant do the very things they are good at...because of some daft thing that happened 20 years ago.

example 1, fireman gets sack after 20 years service, simply for not telling them at the time, he was a naughty boy with a criminal record.. he was sacked, despite saving many peoples lifes, and dedication to the service,, to the bosses that didnt matter,,,HE BROKE A RULE.....

example 2,, polititans, not my favorite people, but often have to resign for some non related thing, like having an affair... does having an affair stop someone from doing a job,, no..thats not the point,,U BROKE A MORAL RULE.

the same things happen in hospitals, offices, factorys etc etc, in which,
out of an 8 hour day, people spend half thier time watching thier backs..
they dont want to be blamed for anything..
look what happens to whistle blowers...instead of being seen as heros,
are seen as traitors....

and this kind of insanity stops things from simply getting done, it masks problems, it blames the hospital porter, not the clueless manager, that knows nothing about health, yets runs a health dept...

the germans work less hours per week than us brits, but yet are more productive,,, why?
because they dont have to waste time watching thier backs, thats why.
so get more done....they dont have a blame culture..
they care more about solving the problem than finding a scapegoat...

in this country, its always somebody else's fault...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19th August 2013, 12:37 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

It's always somebody elses fault, but it is NEVER the fault of those at the top. Even though top management have seen their incomes rise over 4,000% in the last 30 years.

In the past, top management were paid high wages to reflect their RESPONSIBILITY. They are in charge of thousands of people, they have to make very important decisions with far-reaching consequences. But that also meant that they were the ones that took responsibility for when things go WRONG too.

Nowadays, the executive class are happy to take massive rewards in the form of eye-watering salaries and giant bonuses, even when their companies under-perform, but they refuse to take responsibility when the sh*t hits the fan.


The government have announced that they are dropping an investigation into KPMG over the infamously bent 'Al Yamama' arms deal with saudi. this involved millions of pounds in bribes to saudi officials to sign off on the biggest arms deal in british history. KPMG were the auditors who ignored these payments and signed off the accounts. The government department that made the decision is overseen by an ex KPMG manager.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd