Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th July 2013, 03:42 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default UB40 Wimbeldon JULY13th THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!

Reaporting from dodgy backstreet internet access in London.....cause I can't get home.....

I will not digress and talk about the long train trail ...and flea/fly ridden midden we checked in to from the internet ....or the fact that we walked straight into a Rugby game not realising it was the pitch....making a beeline for the tent where the ub delights awaited with all the loonies (having been for-warned where to head by the ever organised starshine......)
Old 16th July 2013, 03:52 PM
Über UBLoonie

It was hot....after the usual screaming meeting Star shine, NuB, we plonked ourselves in the second row....with me claiming to be claustraphobic ....and definitely planning to move.....one took out one's fan ...and as there was a lack of staff .....commnce d fanning oneself......

The Roadies came on...now familiar faces ...I could feel my pulse starting to race....and my face already hurting with smiling.........

......then Mr Drumbeats JB came on ...and One nearly ....swooned ....as the drums started ....(JB looking logically smug as he had a fan blowing ....in a superstar -like fashion)....

The gig started ...what can I say ....TOP TOP CLASS ......TOP Form......I have never been at a gig where the crowd seemed to just merge with them...I shall not digress and talk about the fact

they are all so bloody testtesteronely good looking....as always ...but this time they looked like they had all walked out of some two month health spa
Old 16th July 2013, 04:10 PM
Über UBLoonie

I loved the song choice ....to me it was one favourite song after the other ...and I think paced beautifully .....I heard the people next to me saying so...

Of course the beautifully shaky hipped Duncan's honey rippled voice (not that I am biased......)...helps ....
BT at his best in a white cowboy hat and black waistcoat ....and gold sax .....with those mellow heartmelting tunes....with King Laurence and Prince Pikey....when those three get together .....it is just so damn sexy ......
Tony on top form caressing the keyboards and ones' heartstrings
Mr fantasy evoking Robin ......seriously ....?????? that voice ...the harmonies......
Astro....again ....on Top Top form.....(personally I find his amorous arms quite distracting as always )...but he was leaping around that stage like a teenager ....and the crowd just went mad everytime he went near them
Earl....Ehm ...his Reggae music ....that voice .....
JB ...with his hair billowing and gorgeous smiles .......keeping them all in beat

The whole atmosphere was just amazing.......

I had to keep pinching myself to remind me that I was actually there ......
Old 16th July 2013, 04:13 PM
Über UBLoonie

We missed Norman ....we missed Norman ...the guys did try to cover bless them all......especially when Boom Shaka Lacka came on ....I hope whatever is keeping him away ..gets eased ...
Old 16th July 2013, 04:22 PM
Über UBLoonie

I need to mention two things which went wrong ....just so I don't sound like I am just praising......

Madam Medusa.....there was a bit of a hiccup? Was there...or was it meant to sound a bit odd? ......it started off with a great new beat but them seem to divert .....that was the only oddity from excellence...

and ......Mr Gorgeous Earl.....had a Sharon Stone moment....which was quite thrilling ....is it ...isn't it .........!!

The crowd around me ....who to be fair to them may have been 90% there for the rugby day ......just went mad and the atmosphere was unbeatable .....i sheer UB induced

Seeing UB40 live ...is a luxury ...an indulgence.....it is the best feeling ever....
Old 16th July 2013, 04:43 PM
Über UBLoonie

As it finished..... me and Heather ambled off sadly to have a burger in the middle of a lonely empty field of disgarded rugby boots ....my fingers numb from fanning myself

Poet Boi ......were you there ...? I kept scouring the crowd ......

After our meal, we headed back to our hovel.....but on the way out of the field........a vision......only a few meters away from my sweaty palms.......Brian languidly reclining in a cowboy hat on the balcony of the rugby club .....

Now this will never recur again......will it ? Seriously!!!!!!!!! .......even the most ........the ever hopeful optimistic fan.....must realise this opprtunity ...I somersaulted over the fence ...screamed at the very nice ...but quite firm security guards that I had come all the way from Scotland.....nae ...I got on my knees and begged....cajoled .....screamed.....well anyway..... I did get to Brian....and then gave everyone a cuddle ..... Heather chatted about spriritulism to the hometown engineer Nick ......I love them I love them.......

and then we waved them off with my gold silk scarf ....practically ....well I tried to do an interpretative dance ...to show my feelings.....

Me and Heather walked back to our tiny fleapit in a nearby town ....which has rusty metallic signs all over it saying !BE SILENT OTHER GUESTS SLEEPING.....and promptly fell over the stairs into the radiator......massively bruised....we still went to bad happy....happy happy ....dream we wish never to end.........THE END
Old 16th July 2013, 05:06 PM
Über UBLoonie

Fantastic review neph, a long way for you to travel, but as always it was worth it, I have to say if anyone reading your posts which are always entertaining, think you are a wee bit excitable they really haven't got a clue just how right and then some they are
Old 17th July 2013, 10:19 AM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Waltjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHER TED2 View Post
Fantastic review neph, a long way for you to travel, but as always it was worth it, I have to say if anyone reading your posts which are always entertaining, think you are a wee bit excitable they really haven't got a clue just how right and then some they are

Great review, very enjoyable

~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~
Old 1st August 2013, 08:15 PM
Über UBLoonie

about 6 nice photos of some of UB40 in with the rugby ones ..... ....

http://legendsrugby.co.uk/gallery/
/http://legendsrugby.co.uk/gallery/
Old 5th August 2013, 01:09 AM
UBloonie

Oh my goodness, Farida, this is the best ever! Wow. You are so awesome, sweet Nephertiti!

And, WELL, the UBs! Obviously, they are at their usual supurbness.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! (thumpity, thump, thump, thump!)

Thank you for being my vicarious vessel!