Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 6th December 2009, 05:51 PM
I'm New here

Talking UB40 in Ethiopia...what are the chances?

I've been listening to UB40 since I was 16 years old...I'm now 36. I would kill to go to any one of their concerts. Every time I travel they've either been or are planning a concert and I just can't seem to time it right! Someone please tell me what the chances of their coming to Ethiopia is? And don't give me that stuff about us being so poor and stuff...ask Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Jay Z, Shaggy and many more whether or not it's feasible. http://www.ub40.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/king.gif
Old 8th December 2009, 07:58 AM
UB40 Band Member

Greetings Dub_wise...thanks for the post, we are currently on tour so please excuse the delay in replying to your post..I must admit if I hadn't been trawling through the back post I would have missed it...We would love to come to Ethiopia..we were in Uganda last year and had a wonderful time, landing In Addis Ababa en route...We need a promoter to invite us, thats how it works, a band doesn't just turn up and play there is a miriad of arrangements that have to be done in advance...Anyway If we ever do get an invite to play we shall announce it here with great pride first...if you know who bought in/promoted Black Eyed peas, Jay Z etc , write them an email...some times promoters need reminding who their prospective audience might want to see...Thanks for the message...sincerely Brian Travers UB40
Old 9th December 2009, 12:34 PM
UB40 Band Member

Bttt...
Old 9th December 2009, 12:38 PM
UBloonie

Hope you get your wish Dub Wise and welcome to the BB.
Old 9th December 2009, 05:32 PM
UBloonie

yea and still no polish gig also. i'm sad about it.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:53 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to mindmithun Send a message via Yahoo to mindmithun Send a message via Skype™ to mindmithun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post
Greetings Dub_wise...thanks for the post, we are currently on tour so please excuse the delay in replying to your post..I must admit if I hadn't been trawling through the back post I would have missed it...We would love to come to Ethiopia..we were in Uganda last year and had a wonderful time, landing In Addis Ababa en route...We need a promoter to invite us, thats how it works, a band doesn't just turn up and play there is a miriad of arrangements that have to be done in advance...Anyway If we ever do get an invite to play we shall announce it here with great pride first...if you know who bought in/promoted Black Eyed peas, Jay Z etc , write them an email...some times promoters need reminding who their prospective audience might want to see...Thanks for the message...sincerely Brian Travers UB40
How's the idea of some street music BT?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=364041861025
Old 11th December 2009, 02:25 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Julio Marchena Send a message via Yahoo to Julio Marchena

You remind me of me Dub_wise, after 15 years UB40 return to Peru, and you know, this is not a "rich" country when talking about economics but so rich when talking about culture and human warm so as yours.

Big love mate;

Julio.
Old 11th December 2009, 07:52 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via AIM to kev7840

I guess I never really thought about how that part of the touring process works until now, about whether it's the band that contacts various venues around the world or the vice versa. Learn something new everyday.

Tags
ethiopia