Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 25th October 2017, 02:15 PM
UBloonie

Default My review of ahoy. Same as on fb but added a little since there was more to tell).

20-10-2017 UB40 back at Ahoy
Where shall I start?
I was very worried I would oversleep so I set my alarm at a very unusual time for me so that somehow I would be waking up.
I made a pot of coffee. Had some breakfast, did all the usual things a person does in the morning.
I then checked my bag again if everything was in it. I fed Lady and Dinkie and then I took the bus to Roermond. Since they were working on the railway I had to travel via Utrecht. ( somehow everytime there is a ub40 concert where I want to go prorail decides to work on that part of the rails) I was too early in the hotel so I had a coffee there, sat, read some more in my book that I took with me because I had to wait for Elza and Brigitte. When they came, we checked in at the hotel and then we went for a drink and food ( they ate, I didn’t, I already ate something) then we went to zuidplein. Last time I was there that was with someone I don’t like so I had a bit of a strange panic feeling. We went for a drink and then we went to Ahoy. We met Anne- Marie. She really is a great person to meet and then the other loonies came. Astrid, Eloisa, Desiree, Cindy, Liz and loads and loads more. I promised on my page to try keep people updated but I had no internet connection so I am sorry for that. I was very hyper. Still cola makes me hyper and gives a good feeling so I drank a glass earlier that afternoon. sorry to all the others who had to put up with me. A couple of things have gone wrong due to my stupidity one of them is the reason I don’t have much pictures, thought the camera on my phone went broken but I now see what went wrong but I am not going to talk about my stupidities, only the positive things. When we went inside the ahoy, I ran like an idiot and we again had the best place, front row. Then the best part of the waiting started. As soon as you’re inside the waiting always feels different. Then some boy came to sing a few songs with his band. I didn’t like it very much but he did his best. I heard him sometimes on the radio. When he was over then UB40 was about to start. The new start music sounds different, great only thing was the first part of it I didn’t like very much ( sorry for being honest) The other parts of it were really really great. Then they started... The decor was different so very beautiful!!! I saw moons, snow, ub40 in different colorson the banners in the back, the colours or the lights were so very nice. And then the songs... they were such very great ones. I loved all of them. I don’t know if it is me but I think everytime the songs somehow sound better and better. I loved red red wine, it was really WOW, only thing I missed was you forgot to say “ last chance” and Duncan’s “frog Dance” ( that’s how I call it) that doesn’t really matter. Duncan sang beautiful, and Robin Norman and Earl too of course. I have seen nine great people on stage who gave us an amazing show and although I don’t have many pictures, I will always remember this show. Just 91 days and then it is 20 Januari and 95 days and then it is 24 januari. I am looking forward to those dates too. My goal for next time is trying not to cry at Sing our own song but you sing it so good that it comes inside me and then I just can’t stop my tears. But I really going to try next time. Thank you Robin, Duncan, Tony, Brian, Martin, Laurence, Norman, Earl, Jimmy for another great night. i’ll never forget. When we were back at our hotel first we went for a drink downstairs, talked about the show. And then we went upstairs, we drank and talked and laughed. I had brought too much food from home so today I gave everything to Elza, she was by car so it was easier for her to take with her. I didn’t want to take it home anymore. I travelled together with Brigitte by train, she had to get of the train two stops before me. I was home at three o’ clock. The first hour I just sad and remembered yesterday, how great my day was. I keep it as a tradition that I go to the chipshop to buy food the day after the concert since I don’t feel like cooking. The lady working there asked how ub40 concert was and I just cried. The show really touches me. The beauty of it. The songs, the lights, the background which kept changing. The interactie with the audience. Sunday I just wanted to relive the concert so I looked on youtube for the songs that were played ( of almost every song you can find a live version although I prefer the clips from Vienna, they sound closest to the concert when I play them via bluetooth on my radio) when I played those songs I again got that feeling I had at the concert. Now less than 3 months until it is Januari and I will go to my next two concerts.
Old 26th October 2017, 08:12 AM
UB40 Fan

Loved reading this Swanie thanks so much for sharing! I know im not crazy, when i hear that UB40 touch others like they do me. Such a big important,enjoyable part of our lives and hearts. Best music. Nicest guys. Going to see them live is a wonderful experience we will always want to repeat whenever we can!
We love ya UB40!

Last edited by lynnie4ub40; 2nd November 2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:14 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie4ub40 View Post
Loved reading this Swanie thanks so much for sharing! I know im not crazy, when i hear that UB40 touch others like they do me. Such a big important,enjoyable part of our lives and hearts. Best music. Nicest guys. Going to see them live is a wonderful experience we will always want to repeat whenever we can!
We love 15thya UB40!
Yes it is...I love them, for their music, for their personalities. They are such beautiful people. They have done a lot for the world as I have seen. Many people can take example from them. Just 86 and 90 days until my next concerts. Looking forward to them very much.
Old 29th October 2017, 04:11 PM
UBloonie

Great review that Kirsten.....must have taken you ages to get all that together. I'm so looking forward to Birmingham in December. Just bought tickets for Manchester as well now, two nights after
Old 30th October 2017, 02:16 PM
UBloonie

no, it doesn't take ages. Maybe 2 hours...not very long. What good for you to have another concert booked. Please make some pictures to show us and have loads of fun there xx

Last edited by swanie; 30th October 2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:01 PM
UB40 Fan

Brilliant review, brings it all to,life, the excitement, the happiness, I feel we share the grinning at strangers......
Old 4th November 2017, 07:09 PM
UBloonie

Thank you Linda.it was amazing... still now I feel the happiness of two weeks ago.