Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16th December 2011, 03:06 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default 62,000 Job Shortfall

When the coalition started implementing its programme of public sector cuts we were reassured that growth in private sector employment would more than make up for the loss of public sector jobs.So how has the situation panned out? Well,67,000 jobs public sector jobs have been lost and just 5,000 private sector jobs have been created.Some loonies may remember Jimmy and myself predicted this outcome.It's no great achievement on our part because I firmly believe that the tories knew very well that this would could be the case.They saw this as a golden opportunity to decimate the private sector because of their ingrained contempt for it.To me this a blatant act of right wing vandalism rather than an example of fiscal responsibility.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16th December 2011, 03:59 PM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
When the coalition started implementing its programme of public sector cuts we were reassured that growth in private sector employment would more than make up for the loss of public sector jobs.So how has the situation panned out? Well,67,000 jobs public sector jobs have been lost and just 5,000 private sector jobs have been created.Some loonies may remember Jimmy and myself predicted this outcome.It's no great achievement on our part because I firmly believe that the tories knew very well that this would could be the case.They saw this as a golden opportunity to decimate the private sector because of their ingrained contempt for it.To me this a blatant act of right wing vandalism rather than an example of fiscal responsibility.
While I don't disagree with you Tom I think Brown/Milliband & his millionaire cronies would have done much the same.

All of them know very little about the real working world having been career foliticians straight from Uni and don't know how 'real' people live and survive.



Saad
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16th December 2011, 04:28 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

I think you're right saad. that's why labour are being so ineffective as opposition. Gordon Brown and his number 2, Ed Balls, were more responsible than most for allowing the financial sector to spiral out of control.

Youth unemployment may be the biggest it's been since the early 90's, but it grew by 40% under labour too.

PFI's might have been invented by the tory's as a way of getting private company's in to the NHS, but it was labour that first put it into practice. And it was labour politicians that found themselves rewarded with places on the boards of private health company's.

we no longer have an alternative to vote for. labour and lib dems are centr-right, tory's are extreme right. And that's about it. The lib dems PRETENDED to be left of labour at the last election, but as soon as they sniffed power they dumped all that anti-war, environmentally-freindly, free-education baggage.

and this is another prediction that is coming true.

In the last 10 years, the amount of people who bother to register to vote has declined considerably. the worst stats are for the under 25's. Young people are disengaging from the political process. yesterdays by-election had a really poor turn out. They've been using gimmicks, like postal voting and televised debates , to try and keep the turn-out above 50%. But the over-all trend is a steady decline.

We have become more like america, where the politicians rule by the lowest common denominator, and are in the pocket of global corporations.

they are here to protect the interests of the top 1%, who have seen their fortunes grow to unprecedented proportions [FOUR THOUSAND PERCENT in the last 10 years].

everyone else is being exploited.

and judging by the lack of support given to people who are actually trying to fight these injustices [public sector workers and unions], it looks like they are going to get away with it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16th December 2011, 04:36 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
I think you're right saad. that's why labour are being so ineffective as opposition. Gordon Brown and his number 2, Ed Balls, were more responsible than most for allowing the financial sector to spiral out of control.

Youth unemployment may be the biggest it's been since the early 90's, but it grew by 40% under labour too.

PFI's might have been invented by the tory's as a way of getting private company's in to the NHS, but it was labour that first put it into practice. And it was labour politicians that found themselves rewarded with places on the boards of private health company's.

we no longer have an alternative to vote for. labour and lib dems are centr-right, tory's are extreme right. And that's about it. The lib dems PRETENDED to be left of labour at the last election, but as soon as they sniffed power they dumped all that anti-war, environmentally-freindly, free-education baggage.

and this is another prediction that is coming true.

In the last 10 years, the amount of people who bother to register to vote has declined considerably. the worst stats are for the under 25's. Young people are disengaging from the political process. yesterdays by-election had a really poor turn out. They've been using gimmicks, like postal voting and televised debates , to try and keep the turn-out above 50%. But the over-all trend is a steady decline.

We have become more like america, where the politicians rule by the lowest common denominator, and are in the pocket of global corporations.

they are here to protect the interests of the top 1%, who have seen their fortunes grow to unprecedented proportions [FOUR THOUSAND PERCENT in the last 10 years].

everyone else is being exploited.

and judging by the lack of support given to people who are actually trying to fight these injustices [public sector workers and unions], it looks like they are going to get away with it.
Agree that Labour lost its way big time Jimmy but I suppose what I'm getting at here is the basic core philosophies of both parties.Historically all the advances for working class people have happened under Labour while we have been shafted by the tories time and time again.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16th December 2011, 04:42 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

I think tony blair severed any last links that 'new' labour still had with it's history. Now they are just like the democrats in the states.

I wouldn't vote labour again tom.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16th December 2011, 10:47 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

sadly true oh oraclist comrades...

it is no wonder young ones are disengaging..but with these numbers are the everyone is getting disengaged ..... i am going to blame the lib dems for that one though - as you say they simply did not stand by what they stood for ...so what is point voting for who you think will do the best when they seem to just do a 180 o turn when they are in power ...it is such a wrong message....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16th December 2011, 10:52 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
sadly true oh oraclist comrades...

it is no wonder young ones are disengaging..but with these numbers are the everyone is getting disengaged ..... i am going to blame the lib dems for that one though - as you say they simply did not stand by what they stood for ...so what is point voting for who you think will do the best when they seem to just do a 180 o turn when they are in power ...it is such a wrong message....
Spot on.I see the lib dems as the biggest villains in this.Those of us with long enough memories knew exactly what to expect from the tories but the lib dems have sold everybody who voted for them down the river.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16th December 2011, 11:24 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

When millions marched/voiced their strong belief against invading Iraq...and the government still went ahead.....that was another turning point...the prevailing will of the people meant nothing..... what was the point engaging in politics?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16th December 2011, 11:27 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

well said comrade neph. I think I can see you climbing the ranks of the politburo in double quick time.

I think the name GENERAL NEPHERTITI has a certain ring to it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16th December 2011, 11:31 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
well said comrade neph. I think I can see you climbing the ranks of the politburo in double quick time.

I think the name GENERAL NEPHERTITI has a certain ring to it.
Seconded comrade.

Does this mean Fi being drafted in as politburo tea lady?
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd