Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 1st March 2011, 12:12 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default Please read...vip...hope village

Greetings guys...its really quite wonderful how many of you have independently decided to try help these kids out..can i suggest that rather than have lots of separate initiatives you try do it all thru one fund..i have received a 100 inquiries as to where to send stuff..??? truth is thats a full time job just reading & replying to the PM's..I know its money that they need right now and right now thats the thing to do if you wish to do something, and I know 'reallytruly' Our very own Trudie is setting something up thru her Uckfiled Art Fair..just an idea.....so on that note ill get to the meetings I have piling up...cheers..very proud of you all btw...BT

VIEW ALL UBTV CLIPS via link below...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInsideEye?feature=mhum

Last edited by bt/ub40; 1st March 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:42 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post
Greetings guys...its really quite wonderful how many of you have independently decided to try help these kids out..can i suggest that rather than have lots of separate initiatives you try do it all thru one fund..i have received a 100 inquiries as to where to send stuff..??? truth is thats a full time job just reading & replying to the PM's..I know its money that they need right now and right now thats the thing to do if you wish to do something, and I know 'reallytruly' Our very own Trudie is setting something up thru her Uckfiled Art Fair..just an idea.....so on that note ill get to the meetings I have piling up...cheers..very proud of you all btw...BT
Agree Brian it all gets a bit messy otherwise.

Nani, Nens and Bernie are working together to sort something out, I guess if Trudie joins up with them too it can all be done under one ubloonie umbrella.

love jx

Last edited by j59; 1st March 2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: wrong name ...opps
Old 1st March 2011, 12:48 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via Skype™ to nani

G'day everyone

I've had a few emails from some of you, all with brilliant ideas, thank you very much x

Before we run off and do things individually; me, Nens and Bernie have been given the task of organising something so first thing is I'd like to organise us.

We will be most powerful as one group so can I ask that you post in this thread as it helps with admin.

From the emails back from Marietjie, what's needed most is money. There are costs to the concert so that's important to get out the way first.

1. We will raise funds to help with costs.
2. We will set up a sponsorship plan, an ongoing commitment.
3. We will send care packages for each child for Christmas, starting this year.

Bernie has been busy already and received pledges of help from some 'names. I'll let Bernie tell you about that.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:52 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Concert costs? The band must have raised a fortune over the 3 days.

love jx
Old 1st March 2011, 01:01 PM
UBloonie

Lmao ... Poor BT!

Guys, ask Nens if you have questions about sending stuff to Hope Village. She has been in touch with Marietjie - the founder of Hope Village - about what they might need to have sent to them.

The Art Festival I'm involved with has Hope Village as it's chosen charity, but that's not going on until July.

If you want to do something now, talk to Nens, Nani and Bernie ...

www.trudiemunnart.co.uk

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"
Old 1st March 2011, 01:03 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
Concert costs? The band must have raised a fortune over the 3 days.

love jx
My bad...that should read 'unexpected costs during the concert'.
Old 1st March 2011, 01:08 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
Agree Brian it all gets a bit messy otherwise.

Nani, Nens and Bernie are working together to sort something out, I guess if Trudie joins up with them too it can all be done under one ubloonie umbrella.

love jx
Jen, I can't really join the Art festival up with what what Nens, Nani and Bernie are doing ... It's something that's been going on for years, we've got a big committee here, and hundreds of people working on the festival. This is my first year as one of the organisers .. I just happened to get them to agree to Hope Village.

I'm going to keep you all up to date about what we're doing here though ... Hopefully some of you loonies will be able to come down for some of our stuff!

www.trudiemunnart.co.uk

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"
Old 1st March 2011, 01:14 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallytruly View Post
Jen, I can't really join the Art festival up with what what Nens, Nani and Bernie are doing ... It's something that's been going on for years, we've got a big committee here, and hundreds of people working on the festival. This is my first year as one of the organisers .. I just happened to get them to agree to Hope Village.

I'm going to keep you all up to date about what we're doing here though ... Hopefully some of you loonies will be able to come down for some of our stuff!
No, no of course not, wasn't really suggesting that you did Trudie. Great with what you're doing

love jx
Old 1st March 2011, 01:22 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
My bad...that should read 'unexpected costs during the concert'.
Not getting at you Nani or trying to sound like our Kath but the band must be well pissed if their efforts have cost Hope village in anyway. The 3 concerts were to make money for the village not to leave them with any unexpected costs. What unexpected costs?
I'm sure the Loonies want their money, donations to the auction to get straight to the children and provide them with the things they need food, clothing, sports stuff etc.

I'll get me coat I've said enough.

love jx
Old 1st March 2011, 01:24 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallytruly View Post

Congratulations, Trudie. I'm sure the festival will be a great success and it's such a bonus that you've convinced the committee to support Hope Village.

The band has opened the door for us all to move in the same direction to help the kiddies x