Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 5th March 2002, 06:26 PM
UBloonie

Default Ireland..........my god

I know their are lots and lots of problems in this crazy world.
And i know i'm a negative person against human race.
But i have to get this of me chest.
My scaffolder mate is back from Ireland to arange some things before he get back for good to Ireland.
This morning he told me something what happend last weekend at what it suppost to call a regular day.
In broad daylight a mother is walking with her son in a regular street.
A man is crossing the streets,attack her son,put a knife in his heart,and try to ripp his head off!
Why?????.......DRUGS REVENGE!
He did'nt tell his wife he says,cause otherwise she won't go with him anymore.
Who is become mad peeps,me?
Well peeps,dunno the hell we're going and wot to do about it,but i'm getting more worried about my kids day by day.
And it's happening everywhere yeah i noticed.
But please don't tell me it's a thing in life and i have to deal with it.
Dunno what to say or think about this,all i know is ..... i can't digg it.........just can't.

[ 05 March 2002: Message edited by: Dubmobile ]</p>
Old 5th March 2002, 06:40 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Default Re: Ireland..........my god

I agree Henny! this is becoming far too regular an occurance and i too am afraid for my child. I should never have brought him into such a world, although of course i cannot imagine life without him! the things i hear about nowadays is tragic and all for what? drugs? a bit of paper they call money!!! I am sickened and saddened by this. people today have no respect for another person's life. they seem to have no conscience at all. I don't know what has happened this past twenty years or so but there's something seriously wrong in society today!! I tremble for when my kid grows up and goes out alone I really do.!!

take care,
lol
sting
xxxxxxxx
Old 5th March 2002, 06:52 PM
UBloonie

I hear what you say Dubmobile, and it IS everywhere and spreading. What's happening in India now between Muslims and Hindus is also very sad.

I have no children but I am as concerned as though I did.
The best thing we can do is try to make a positive difference in our own lives, then that can help those closest to us and so on. If we want to change the world we have to first chnge ourselves.

So many institutions out there responsible for our well being, whether they are political, educational, religious etc are themselves part of the problem. Those are the main movers and shakers of our lives, and they are generally failing. They've failed because the vison they have for society is flawed. That's why there's so many conflicts, disputes, strikes, wars etc in each of those areas. I don't advocate "anarchy" ('cept here on this board
Old 6th March 2002, 09:14 AM
UBloonie

Dub mate, i think i could worry 4 britain, really i could every night i lie in bed feeling sick about the horrors of the world, i tell myself and my kids evey week, how lucky we are to be alive it this majical and wonderful earth and yet how evil has corrupted and spoilt our planet...

dennis says to me to lighten up and try not to let it get me down, but as u say how can i when everywhere i look its bedlam....i know your not all religious and i respect that , i would never try to make someone belive in something they dont feel is right.... but i belive in GOD , very strongly and i cant help thinking he must be looking down on us now and shaking his head in despair.....

this world could be so beutiful...
look at the sky, the grass, the trees, rain, all of this and as the ubs say "dont forget to smell the roses" and so much more.... when we go we will prob never return....i think we only get one chance at this....and look at the messs we are making....sad, so very sad ....

There is enough wealth in our world to make sure that everyone has what they need....so why havent they?.... easy because of greed!

There are so many good people in the world so why arnt we all happy?.....because of power struggles and relgious devisions, because evil has become more and more prevelant!

We have more technology and amazing devices at our disposal now than ever before but we use it to build up our weaponary and cause devistation!

This world could be so amazing and yet so often it is so devistating !!!!!!

I dont know what we can do to fix it or if it will ever be put right?..... will we just eventually whipe each other out????..... all i know is if someone is good to me i make special effort to be good back....but if they are bad to me i often retaliate...therefore i am no better than anyone else.....but i am also no worse, i would NEVER go out of my way to hurt someone...why?..i would only feel guilty after, Guilt is a terrible burden tis true but it maybe stops you being bad in the future!

Sorry for being so depressing so early in the morning....but i had to release my anguish and i know no better or more understanding place than here....amongst you guys, we may differ on many levels but we all share one thing in common that makes us connect....OUR LOVE AND ENJOYMENT OF THE MUSIC................UB40....."turn up the volume...and chill"....
[img]graemlins/bounceblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img]