Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 17th February 2002, 05:35 PM
UBloonie

Default I don't like blacks but Astro is ok....

RACISM,something i still can't understand.
For those who didn't know yet,i'm black.
And proud??Haha why should i?
I don't like black,green is me favorit color so i wish i whas green tho.
White is no color so me learned at school.

I don't give a bit about someones color you know,i may like you or i may not.
So please explain to me what racism is all about then?
And don't come up with;the blackman still angry about those slavery days so thats why he/she doing a crime to revenge.
Or the whiteman is angry cause we are stealing their jobs.

BULL....!
White people of today can't do nothing to turn back time and release them from slavery.
And if you want to have me job.....ppppllleaaaasssee take it cause i don't even like to work!
Come up with good arguments to convince me.......

We all are slaves for the government only these days we get much more pay for it.
In a while i'm thinking that racism is a dangerous thing supporting by dangerous and stupid people.
Their is no such thing as pure race.
And if you don't like me i suppost it's of my behavior and not because of color.
I'm a man who did never ever raped,killed,or doing other criminal stuff like all the other blacks.
Cause that's what racist think right?
Only blacks do that kind of stuff.

Not that i'm a saint tho.
I cannot be a saint cause the symbol of saint is white so can't be.
Look at those ignorant baldheads who are shouting and screaming for hitler.
Hitler wanted blondes and blue eyes people idiots!
Not bald and green or black eyes.
MMMMM.....by the way:are you know the answer yet?

No offcourse not!!!
You are UB40 fans and those guys are completly mixed up with colors.
Their are no racist in this loonieland.
Or are their a vieuw who are thinking i don't like blacks but Astro is ok??
NNAAAA that i don't believe so let me leave you with this one then:if UB40 can live with colors,if we can live with colors.........
WHY THE REST OF THIS BLOODY WORLD CAN'T!!??
Old 17th February 2002, 05:44 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default Re: I don't like blacks but Astro is ok....

I can only sum racisim up with one sentance.
People don't understand why other people are diferent to them if there skin is a diferent colour and can't except that they are diferent so they become confused.
This is the basis for rasisim.
If you can understand why other people around you have diferent colour skin and can except this then you are on the right road my friends...
Peace
Rossy
Old 17th February 2002, 05:45 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

hiya Dubmobile,
what's brought all this on then? have you recently encountered some racism yourself? I totally agree with you. I don't see anyones colour unless they point it out to me. I have always lived in mulitcultural areas and was brought up in multicultural schools so I don't know any different. Like you, if i dislike someone it's because of their personalities and nothing more!! This board is so great because we can't see each other and so can't make judgements based on physical appearance, only on what we read on the posts. Sorry if you have encountered racism. I can only say that these people are blinkered and ignorant!!

peace!!!

lol
sting
xxxxxx
Old 17th February 2002, 05:47 PM
UB40 Fan

well put Rossy
[img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
Old 17th February 2002, 05:56 PM
UBloonie

When i was young i lived in areas in birmingham...small heath and highgate which was mostly black and asian so maybe that is why i was not racist as some, because my friends where all black or asian...some people say to me it was because i had no choice! that is not true! my mum chose where we lived, we could of lived in a white area in brum, there was offers for rubery and northfield , which in the late 70's early 80's where predominantly white....we lived where we lived, we had our friends... we didnt care if peeps where black, white, indigo!...lol
however, i was for a while a skin head and i know what you are all going to think now! well....you are wrong! i did have friends who were very rasist black and white, but i was not! i am not! some peeps got into punks, mods, teds what ever...none of them apealed to me! i liked the way skins dressed.... clean shaven heads and nice slean tight clothes, now im not ashamed that i have black friends, im not ashamed im white and im not ashamed i was a skin...because to me skins where a fashion statement, i was 13 so too young for polotics anyway!...lol, nazis in germany and groups of gay men today adopted the symolism and style of skins and destroyed it! if i am incorrect i'll be glad for peeps to correct me, because i dont say i know everything ....just what i am and who i am and what i belive in! for the record...i think no one has more right to live in this world than anyone regardless of race, class or gender....and i also still like the look of men with bald heads....lol

Peace....yo u all ....xxxx elaine xxx

[img]graemlins/bounceblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounceblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img]
Old 17th February 2002, 06:18 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

hI BG
I too was a skinhead with ub40 dyed in the back of me head. it never altered the way i saw things. wasn't one of those violent nazi peeps. just liked it like you BG. Unfortunately peeps felt very wary of me. some peeps chucked empty coke cans at me on the bus cos of the way i looked. ran down the bus and threatened em. didn't wanna be violent but was forced to be so understand this looking different malarky. people are just so ignorant sometimes - they look at stuff cosmetically, ignoring the person underneath. it really saddens me that peeps are like that.

lol
sting
xxxxxx
Old 17th February 2002, 06:24 PM
UBloonie

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sting:
hiya Dubmobile,
what's brought all this on then? have you recently encountered some racism yourself?
<hr></blockquote>
For the last 32 years Sting.
You see i'm the only blackchild in my family,cause i had another father.
My mother whas left alone with 1sister and 2 brothers and they were white digg it?
So people keep diggin those days and thought i whas adopted,wich whas a shame those days.
My kids are different colored also,daughter is white and son is black.
Strange ey? lol
Don't worry....they both mine
Anyway it's someting i did never understand.
In Holland their's a guy trying to get new souls in his political statement,to fight against anything with a color.
And those things worried me a little.
Henny
Old 17th February 2002, 06:32 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

thanks for clearing that up!! I think i know how you feel. my brother and sister are both mixed race. my sister was never told and had to find out for herself that her dad wasn't her real dad. i never even suspected cos she's quite pale although has that lovely hair while mine was shit. my brother had to fight everyone in the school because there were only about two black kids in his school but he overcame them all and is really well adjusted. my sister still suffers somewhat to this day tho'. we were all split up. my sisters and me lived with my dad and my brother was brought up with his real dad and me mum - perhaps that was why he was so fortunate. he always had a stable background!! I am really sorry to hear that you've always had racism around you, this must be soul destroying. we of white colour don't have this shit continually, altho' I must say i am mixed race myself tho not cosmetically. my dad is from yugoslavia and me mum is half scottish and half irish. no-one is a pure breed and i am thankful for that. variety is what makes the world go round. I am proud to meet people of different colour. If we get on then that is great!!! take care now!!

lol
sting
xxxxxx - mixed emotions!!
Old 17th February 2002, 06:41 PM
UBloonie

I had to laugh at yer mesg sting....because, for me when i was a kid because i lived in a predomanatly black /asian area i was the one picked on if anyone....when my dad who is irish came over to visit us, he didnt live with us...peeps would shout paddy in the street and because my mum is scotttish with irish and scottish parents, they used to call her jock! so i geuss it really does depend on your surroundings...i was stabbed in the leg when i was 15 by an asian kid when i was just yards from my house, i had my face hit off a bus shelter when i was 17 by a black guy when i was waiting for the bus in lee bank b, ham...these encounters ( and more ) where totaly unpravoked! does that not make me racist?....NO! because my ex boyfriend beat the crap out of me more times than i could count, knocked me unconsious once...and he was as white as snow!...lol, my point is...peeps are good and bad no matter what colour they are...its nothing to do with the colour of their skin, its what is in their heart or head that counts!.....elaine x"big love"xx [img]graemlins/bounceblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounceblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img]
Old 17th February 2002, 06:46 PM
bobby

havent met many black peeps ...its a strange place carlisle...not many live up here..i know two peeps that are black but out of a population of about 20.000 thats not many