Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 17th December 2011, 10:25 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post
we all get on our soap box whe aldi promotes himself as UB40
i think the same should be done when UB40 are promoted with Aldi in the pictures...i personally dont want to see it
i want Duncan and Tony in the pic's

as a member of the BB i know that Aldi has gone
there are still people (fans) that dont know, and having pics of Aldi and Mickey on the advertising aint going to help

people need to know who they are going to see and a pic of UB40 with Ali aint going to do anyone any favours
What he said.
Old 17th December 2011, 10:36 PM
UB40 Band Member

In a way your both right.

we went to great lengths on our last british tour [signing off] to make sure everybody knew what the situation was. In the UK there has been quite a lot of press coverage, so I think most fans knew about it. And we insisted on informing people at the point of sale.

I don't remember a single incident where there was any confusion with the images we used.

when it comes to websites it's a bit more difficult, and this is where paul is correct. The site designer is just using library images, which will as likely have the old line-up as the new one. We don't like it, but it's very difficult to police. But we will do everything we can to put it right.

Team aldi, on the other hand, are deliberately trying to confuse people with their marketing, as we can see from the claim that UB40 are playing south africa. This comes from aldi himself in a desperate attempt to get himself an audience. When he was using his own name, all the dates were cancelled because nobody bought a ticket. He's trying desperately to live off the name of his old band, even though he walked away. It's sneaky, desperate and immoral, but that's team aldi for ya.
Old 17th December 2011, 10:59 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

we went to great lengths on our last british tour [signing off] to make sure everybody knew what the situation was. In the UK there has been quite a lot of press coverage, so I think most fans knew about it. And we insisted on informing people at the point of sale.

I don't remember a single incident where there was any confusion with the images we used.

when it comes to websites it's a bit more difficult, and this is where paul is correct. The site designer is just using library images, which will as likely have the old line-up as the new one. We don't like it, but it's very difficult to police. But we will do everything we can to put it right.

Team aldi, on the other hand, are deliberately trying to confuse people with their marketing, as we can see from the claim that UB40 are playing south africa. This comes from aldi himself in a desperate attempt to get himself an audience. When he was using his own name, all the dates were cancelled because nobody bought a ticket. He's trying desperately to live off the name of his old band, even though he walked away. It's sneaky, desperate and immoral, but that's team aldi for ya.

in all fairness
when Aldi first left..the advertisement showed posters with him in the band
i did point this out but was told it was too late to change.....i do beg to differ as a photo and getting a poster made and sent out can only take a few days

we are nearly 4 years down the line
some one needs a serious kick up the arse

i know jack shyte about advertising...but i bet i can get the right band members in the advertisement
Old 17th December 2011, 11:01 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via Skype™ to nani

Joe Jonas. Failed solo career, poor management. Sound familiar?

Joe Jonas Blames Failed Solo Career on Brother | OMGG
Old 17th December 2011, 11:10 PM
UB40 Band Member

dean, it's not up to us to police the internet. There's potentially millions of sites selling tickets.

what we have done is make sure no-one uses old photos in any of the advertising that comes from us or anyone we have a direct contact with.

that's why we had no confusion when we toured the UK, and europe in the last couple of years.

It can be sorted, and we will. But there is nobody to 'punish' about this. It's just a mistake that can be rectified.

it isn't fair to try and blame anyone. It's some computer programmer, in an out-of-the-way office in some distant country.

Like paul said, it happens, and it'll happen again.

all we can do is respond when we find out.
Old 17th December 2011, 11:15 PM
άber UBLoonie

Quote:

Actually JB it's worse than that.

It's lying and thieving but you are too professional to say so.

Legally speaking its deception, fraud and misrepresentation but Aldi know's that UK law only extends as far as Dover so he does what he likes overseas with promoters who are all too willing to collude with his prostitution of himself.

Saad
Old 17th December 2011, 11:22 PM
UBloonie

Duty of care' - we're all legally bound by that in the workforce. It's a risk management tool, simple to utilise and saves a lot of butts.

Obviously, not well policed by promoters and advertising.

Quote:
dean, it's not up to us to police the internet. There's potentially millions of sites selling tickets.

what we have done is make sure no-one uses old photos in any of the advertising that comes from us or anyone we have a direct contact with.

that's why we had no confusion when we toured the UK, and europe in the last couple of years.

It can be sorted, and we will. But there is nobody to 'punish' about this. It's just a mistake that can be rectified.

it isn't fair to try and blame anyone. It's some computer programmer, in an out-of-the-way office in some distant country.

Old 17th December 2011, 11:24 PM
UB40 Band Member

you're 100% correct of course saad.

always thought the worst kind of people were the ones that would steal from there family and friends.

it's the kind of thing a desperate junkie would do.

but I suppose ego-mania is a type of addiction.
Old 17th December 2011, 11:29 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:

JB
just to let you know
I AM NOT A TROUBLE MAKER.... I JUST CARE ABOUT UB40
i know some of my comments may seem different, but what i listen to music wise and what i want to see LIVE on stage and what has gone on in life in the past..UB40 has a big part of that (probably the same for a lot here)
i think i could stage my life in regards to the albums of UB40 and YES i do get pissed of if the advertisement aint right
Old 17th December 2011, 11:37 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
you're 100% correct of course saad.

always thought the worst kind of people were the ones that would steal from there family and friends.

it's the kind of thing a desperate junkie would do.

but I suppose ego-mania is a type of addiction.
Once upon a time, there was an angel and he had a big ego too. He wanted everything that his successful family had. The greatest band-member-leaves-to-go-solo act ever!