Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 24th November 2013, 11:28 AM
UB40 Band Member

Default Liverpool, well what a great night. Thank you all

Well what a brilliant show. The venue was amazing and the crowd was simply brilliant. A lovely vibe. Amazing. Everyone I spoke to said they could feel the unity of the band coming off the stage, the determination and love. It was a fabulous show with some new surprises. There are more to come of course, we just lost a bit of time. But there are some lovely thing being worked on. Thanks to you all, especially the guys we saw afterwards and all your kind words. The promoter was blown away and said it would be hard to beat that show, that just great. Watch this space.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:35 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
Well what a brilliant show. The venue was amazing and the crowd was simply brilliant. A lovely vibe. Amazing. Everyone I spoke to said they could feel the unity of the band coming off the stage, the determination and love. It was a fabulous show with some new surprises. There are more to come of course, we just lost a bit of time. But there are some lovely thing being worked on. Thanks to you all, especially the guys we saw afterwards and all your kind words. The promoter was blown away and said it would be hard to beat that show, that just great. Watch this space.
This post is a cover version,just saw it on another thread.

Great stuff Martin,knew you boys would pull it off.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:12 PM
Über UBLoonie

Great news.

This is a huge opportunity. What better time to put Oracabessa Moonshine on the playlist? It's my absolute favourite. Would be amazing to hear it at Sheperd's Bush, I may even shed a single tear of joy.

Hint hint
Old 24th November 2013, 12:21 PM
Über UBLoonie

It was one of the best concerts i have ever been at ...still on long train home ....will write full review when i understand how to upload my photos of the crowd ...starshine ....help. .... Because it has to be seen to be believed ..... Professional perfection ...pure class ...x x cant wait to tell what it was like being in the audience ...oh my god ...heaven.....excuse the puns ....x x x

Last edited by nephertiti; 24th November 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling ....sleepless with excitement
Old 24th November 2013, 12:33 PM
UBloonie

Fabulous show Martin, we really enjoyed it. Lovely to see u again afterwards, thanks for your hospitality. Ellie was delighted with the whole evening
Old 24th November 2013, 01:11 PM
UBloonie

Wish I'd been there...but hearing a few clips and seeing the excited words and faces of those who'd gone have me smiling....

UB40 are evolving...and with each change comes controversy....and then acceptance...

xxx sunnybeth
Old 24th November 2013, 01:34 PM
UBloonie

can't wait for see you in 2014 Martin ! congrats to all the band, i hav see it was amazing night ! ! ! !
Old 24th November 2013, 03:24 PM
Super Über UBloonie

It was a fantastic evening, from the public soundcheck, to the last note of the gig. The rearranged setlist did the band, and us lot, proud. I booked this little trip ages ago but even if I hadn't - I'd have still gone at the last minute, for obvious reasons.

Didn't manage to catch up with ALL the loonies, but there was a strong presence, and the rest of the audience didn't do too shabbily either

Not sure what the few photos I took look like but I'll try to put up later, together with a slightly longer review. (Neph when I remember how to upload photos I'll let you know!).

UB40 are certainly going to 'Keep on Moving' - in the right direction!
Old 24th November 2013, 03:53 PM
UBloonie

Well done to the UBs for staying faithful to the music, and the fans for always showing their appreciation of their great work. Onwards and upwards ....
Old 24th November 2013, 04:48 PM
UBloonie

it certainly was a brilliant show Martin, loved it and great to catch up with you after.

cheers
morgs

check out my UB40 piccies
http://groups.msn.com/morgs/shoebox.msnw