Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 14th August 2015, 02:50 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to jonni2bad Send a message via Yahoo to jonni2bad
Default Is this the end for the bulletin board

It's been 10 years ago since I joined just as Who You Fighting Was just being released, a great album as well, seems like yesterday, some fantastic people have posted on here, links, stories, rare tracks, unseen video's, some good remixes and the annoyance of johnnybegood, just assuming it's over on here due to Facebook and on which I have an account but don't go on the page because it is nothing like this place used to be, hopefully it'll be buzzing again soon, one can only dream
Old 16th August 2015, 11:03 AM
UBloonie

Agree johnny

Ani
Old 16th August 2015, 04:03 PM
UBloonie

Sadly I think you are right, Facebook has taken over but it's not the same
Old 18th August 2015, 11:02 PM
UBloonie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Version Girl View Post
Sadly I think you are right, Facebook has taken over but it's not the same
"Like" brigade lol ...

It's something about facebook ... it's like inviting someone through your front door into your personal life !!

It's good for the gossipers!! (Nosey b#s#ter#z) BUT on the other hand, good for business though - it s the sign of times , things having moved forward .

Shall we cause a stir lol

Seriously though !! Good site and miss the old times !!!!
Old 19th August 2015, 03:11 PM
UBloonie

It is a massive shame how the BB has demised over the years, number of reasons, 1 FB 2, the friends we lost due to that prick leaving and 3, what the cu_t did to our website so 2 out of 3 is that wankers fault
Old 20th August 2015, 01:50 AM
UBloonie

buz. It'll come back when the dust settles. The BB has more to offer than FB and when Luci figures out how to create the chat room, we'll be better than ever.
Old 20th August 2015, 08:56 PM
UB40 Fan

I agree with you. I'm relatively new here compared to some, and I've been over the moon to have made friends with other UB fans and even more so to have had contact with band members! I love it here and I am sad it's gone quiet. Having said that I'm one of the guilty party, as I also love FB. It's quick and easier to share photos there and I use it to keep in touch with nieces and nephews and other family members I can't see so often, as well as other UB40 fans. Some of the photos and videos on there are great. It's difficult, as both are great ways of keeping in touch, but if I had to choose just one I'd pick here cos I can see my family in person but I really wouldn't want to loose this valuable link to my favourite band. I missed out on so much before I got the Internet and found this site! Perhaps if we post on FB we should repeat it on here too, for those that don't do FB. I really hope it'll pick up soon, sure it will with the next leg of the tour starting and a new album to look forward to as well. Hope the band can find time to write on here again too because that always gives us all such a buzz and makes it all the more brilliant for us fans! Fingers crossed anyway xx big love xx COME BACK EVERYONE!!! :k iss:
Old 20th August 2015, 09:44 PM
UBloonie

I come here now and then, read but what I miss is the fun we had in the very old days. We had loads of laughing there were jokes which many times I didn't understand. There were those monkeys, who cheared me up when I was down. There was friendship between all fans from all over the world. On fb I see people saying I WAS that and that name on the bb, then I think, hey, you still are the name you have on the bb. Just come back!!! This place is special, facebook cannot replace that.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:58 PM
UBloonie

yep i agree with a chat thingy, like you said once the uk tour starts again then it will be buzzing also will try to get the bandmembers back on here, whats wrong with using the BB and FB
Old 28th August 2015, 12:31 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
It is a massive shame how the BB has demised over the years, number of reasons, 1 FB 2, the friends we lost due to that prick leaving and 3, what the cu_t did to our website so 2 out of 3 is that wankers fault
Agreed on the facebook point but not sure I agree with the other two points. At the end of the day, it's our own fault really for not using this place like we should do. Can't really go blaming anyone else for that xx