Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 27th November 2013, 10:19 AM
UBloonie

Translated dutch interview with astro from september 20th.... things will change fast...

UB40 would continue despite problems
In recent years it went wrong necessary within the British reggae band UB40 , but the band members do not want to sit down . Throw in the towel " We want revenge ," said the group NU.nl.

Photo: NU.nl / Rob Recovery
Since 2008 the group has to do without frontman Ali Campbell . His brother Duncan then took his role from him . Similarly on the album Getting Over The Storm .
" It's never really been the question whether UB40 still had to go through after the departure of Ali and all the subsequent problems," says band member Terence Wilson , also known as Astro .
" Therefore we have been working much too hard . Moreover, we still love it to go on tour. " With subsequent problems referring the musician on the financial blow that some band members , including brothers and Campbel Wilson himself , were processed in 2011 .
Through outstanding debts to the record label they were declared bankrupt . " Suddenly I had lost everything ," sighs Wilson . " It's quite a strange feeling to make one of the most successful bands of all time , and to have to start . Moment to scratch one time part "
trust
"All I have confidence that we will pull through ," said the musician . "Of course I would prefer still in great venues like Ahoy play , but the fact is that it does not seem likely at the moment . It also has something now to end . UB40 with the club circuit "
" Now I get the chance to watch a lot of fans at shows , in the eyes again I notice that the love of our music is still alive . This provides extra motivation . " However, he notes that he is also a thing should be abandoned. Terms of ambitions " I always had the idea that I could change the world, but that is not so . "
reality
Old 27th November 2013, 03:34 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JENNY~ View Post
I'm not saying your wrong letting the fans know. But when people start pipin up who know nothing about it other than yourself an the boys then it gets to brown nosin. People don't no anythin in between the lines other than what you's have put on here an what Astro has said. Yet people still decide to add there 2pence worth when half of what they say is nonsense an think they know it all when they don't know shit!! There's only you guys an Astro who know the ins an outs of everything an all the history of it. People jus brown nose you an bri as soon as you confirm things about financial stuff an they go on about it as if they know everything!! They don't know anythin! They only know what's been written yet they act like there part of your management an know everythin! Why not jus stay out of your businesses and just continue listening to the music instead of chirpin in with repetitive stuff you've already told us. People think there higher than others on here. well jus to let you all know, we're all EQUAL!! Hopefully you don't take this as any kind of dig at you or the boys jimmy cos it's far from it. It's aimed at a select few who have voiced a load of crap an abuse an don't even know the facts apart from what you've already told us. I jus don't agree with all these management wannabe loonies talkin about stuff they don't even really know about!! Apart from you, the band and Astro.. Nuff love
People were speculating about what had gone down and JB posted to tell them.Astro himself admitted he only told the band 15 minutes before going on the radio to talk about it,Even then he wasn't honest enough to admit he was teaming up with Ali.He is still a member on here so he could have came on and stated his case.There was naturally some anger about him letting fans down 24 hours before a gig and sympathy for the predicament he left the band in.Not brown nosing,just basic human empathy.

Most of the "advice" on here came from negative people telling the band to pack it in.You are right in saying people shouldn't try to advise the band one way or the other.Like BT said they don't tell us what to do.Most of what I've seen on here is just loyal fans giving their support.Nothing wrong with that.
Old 27th November 2013, 03:53 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ~JENNY~

Nuff brown nosin goin on. Not gettin into a debate cos that's not why I came on here! Like I said it's about the music to me an music only!! but the brown nosers know who they are.. It was only last year (I think) when I was backstage an seen quite a few people lickin astros ring piece yet are now slaggin him off after lickin his arse hole!!!! Make ya mind up you either like him or u don't. Yeah he's left in a bad way if you'd like to put it that way, but if you liked him / loved him like you's say you did you would support his decision am not get involved in business!! Would you or anyone else like people BRAGGIN shit about YOUR business?? I think not? Has anyone here never walked out of a job? Honestly? We've idolised the guys for years it ain't our business to start slaggin him off for makin his own decisions. FACT! If you want to go an do somethin, you do it! Whether people agree or not, you decide for youself an that my friend is what he seems to have done. Like I said, I will continue to support both parties
Old 27th November 2013, 05:03 PM
UB40 Band Member

Jenny.

I don't think most people approach life the way you are saying. Friendship is a wonderful thing, but it ISN'T unconditional. If a friend does you harm, then you have to decide whether it's safe to continue that friendship. I'm sure it's happened to everyone at some point in their lives. We don't just make friends in our youth and keep all those friends forever. Sometimes people disappear out of our lives for whatever reason. There are many reasons for choosing friends, but I think high on the list requirements is TRUST. It's not sensible to have people close to you that you can't trust. If you are betrayed by a friend then surely it's only normal and reasonable to question whether you really want that person in your life.
What astro did wasn't so bad, he can go and join Ali if he wants (I personally think he must be mental, but it's his choice), the bad thing was the WAY he did it. Sneaking around behind our backs and lying to our faces was a low down way to treat his mates and partners. And rubbishing our name in the press is a massive act of betrayal. And denying and covering it all up until 24 hours before a gig was another low blow. Not just disrespectful to the band, but also to the thousands of people who have bought tickets for the shows he solemnly promised he would be there for.
We awe all responsible for our own actions, so when we act like an asshole we can expect to be treated like one. Ali was sneaky the way he went about things, and now astro.

Mickey, on the other hand, has never been sneaky. He was always 100 percent honest about what he did, and why he did it. Mickey has my utmost respect, even though I think he was wrong.

Astro and Ali, not so much.
Old 27th November 2013, 05:04 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there are some delusional folk signed up to this BB. Lately, I see no reason to change my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redredwine84 View Post
Just because someone's opinion differs your own does not give you the right to call them delusional. I don't think that is an opinion, I would say that is rude.

My post was not to stir trouble but to simply make people think before commenting such things as the above. The band have already fallen out with other (ex) members, wouldn't you think the fans would stick together to show support?

Live and let live, forgive, forget and remember YOLO

DITTO DITTO DITTO!! Redredwine84 Xx
Old 27th November 2013, 05:07 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to miry_loves_duncan_85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
People were speculating about what had gone down and JB posted to tell them.Astro himself admitted he only told the band 15 minutes before going on the radio to talk about it,Even then he wasn't honest enough to admit he was teaming up with Ali.He is still a member on here so he could have came on and stated his case.There was naturally some anger about him letting fans down 24 hours before a gig and sympathy for the predicament he left the band in.Not brown nosing,just basic human empathy.

Most of the "advice" on here came from negative people telling the band to pack it in.You are right in saying people shouldn't try to advise the band one way or the other.Like BT said they don't tell us what to do.Most of what I've seen on here is just loyal fans giving their support.Nothing wrong with that.
Thats my opinion, after reading all the massiv posts. For me, I decited to stay by this band. So what. And for people who dont agree, find another waste of time..

----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Objec...20312841348686!!
My Band's page - Rock from Cologne - THX
Old 27th November 2013, 05:09 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Jenny.

I don't think most people approach life the way you are saying. Friendship is a wonderful thing, but it ISN'T unconditional. If a friend does you harm, then you have to decide whether it's safe to continue that friendship. I'm sure it's happened to everyone at some point in their lives. We don't just make friends in our youth and keep all those friends forever. Sometimes people disappear out of our lives for whatever reason. There are many reasons for choosing friends, but I think high on the list requirements is TRUST. It's not sensible to have people close to you that you can't trust. If you are betrayed by a friend then surely it's only normal and reasonable to question whether you really want that person in your life.
What astro did wasn't so bad, he can go and join Ali if he wants (I personally think he must be mental, but it's his choice), the bad thing was the WAY he did it. Sneaking around behind our backs and lying to our faces was a low down way to treat his mates and partners. And rubbishing our name in the press is a massive act of betrayal. And denying and covering it all up until 24 hours before a gig was another low blow. Not just disrespectful to the band, but also to the thousands of people who have bought tickets for the shows he solemnly promised he would be there for.
We awe all responsible for our own actions, so when we act like an asshole we can expect to be treated like one. Ali was sneaky the way he went about things, and now astro.

Mickey, on the other hand, has never been sneaky. He was always 100 percent honest about what he did, and why he did it. Mickey has my utmost respect, even though I think he was wrong.

Astro and Ali, not so much.
I totally respect what your saying jimmy.. Bless
Old 27th November 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Redredwine84 Did that hit a sore spot? I promise you it wasn't aimed at a single individual, just the collective masses.
Old 27th November 2013, 07:25 PM
UBloonie

if people want to turn into jeremy kyle guests and argue the toss on a web site, go ahead.
im not intrested, and its all a bit silly.

but as a birmingham person having grown up with ub40, and as someone who visited thier studio with my dad in the mid 80's when it was nothing more than a basement and a concrete shell.
to helping him rewire the place during the refusbishment in the early 90s, i/we in this city are very protective of them, we also, or most of us refuse to take sides.
us brummies are proud of this band, for representing us... staying in the city and providing work for locals, my dad one of them.
and as a fan,at the end of the day, its about the music,,,everything else is b*llocks.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:04 PM
Über UBLoonie

Love many & trust few, Always paddle your own Canoe..

Love many & trust none, Always look after Number 1

I got ridiculed for that long ago by some

The band have my 100% support ALWAYS!!!!

They are sticking up for themselves,

Never shaft your best friends no matter how long you know them.Golden Rule.simple,

Manners,Politeness,LOYALTY & Respect..cost NOTHING!

Money,& more Money & the thought of MORE Money does strange things to humans..

Thats all im gonna say on the matter

be good,

Tang x