Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 27th November 2013, 12:53 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ~JENNY~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
We heard rumours about a month ago that Ali had visited astro, so we asked him outright at a meeting about 3 weeks ago. He completely denied that he had seen Ali at all. IN the same meeting astro said he was 100 percent with us at the gigs we had coming up, including the British dates next year. The band also agreed to help astro financially using money from the business. We gave him the money, and we haven't seen him since.
Like I said on busybook, I couldnt choose sides so I'll jus sit back an listen to the music. (The reason were all here in the first place)... What goes on between you's is your business not ours. An like somebody said earlier "there is always going to be 2 sides to every story and it isn't our business to get involved"

Plus who knows, in another 5 years you may all make up an do a "reunion tour" (I wish) and people would have fallen out for nothing. Nobody knows what the future has to hold an you guys do gave a hell of a lot of history together. Just sayin..

Anyway, I've grown a lot since I used to come on here years ago, I was young, naive and slatted Ali just jumping on the band wagon with everyone else... It got me no where (except arguin with a loada ali fans).. Now I'm older and wiser and have been in a band, I understand the differences and the difficulties bands go through. Things that fans don't see nor know about. Which is why I kind of understand you venting your side of the story. But I will still support both parties as it's all about the music to me.

ALL OF THIS has nothing to do with anyone but I understand everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it but when people start to make comments about your financial states an other thaaaangs I think "wtf" that isn't for them to even comment on!!! That's yours an the boys business. Not ours!!! I feel for all of you obviously it's not easy, but who said life was easy?

Oh god I can't cope with it all I'm goin for a spliff. Take it easy boys
Old 27th November 2013, 12:54 AM
UB40 Band Member

Me and the wife were fighting over the remote.

The telly went. . . .standup. Footy. Standup. Footy. Corrie. News. Standup. Footy.!!!!
Old 27th November 2013, 12:56 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Me and the wife were fighting over the remote.

The telly went. . . .standup. Footy. Standup. Footy. Corrie. News. Standup. Footy.!!!!
Sounds like our house.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:17 AM
UBNewbie

[QUOTE=Starshine007;1642517]I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there are some delusional folk signed up to this BB. Lately, I see no reason to change my opinion

Just because someone's opinion differs your own does not give you the right to call them delusional. I don't think that is an opinion, I would say that is rude.

My post was not to stir trouble but to simply make people think before commenting such things as the above. The band have already fallen out with other (ex) members, wouldn't you think the fans would stick together to show support?

Live and let live, forgive, forget and remember YOLO
Old 27th November 2013, 02:23 AM
UBloonie

Think you will find most people were just shocked , i listened to the radio interview with Tammy and Astro did not mention that he wanted more money or that he was joining Ali now if he had said that then Jimmy would not have come on here to tell us the real reason so correct it aint our business but a band member just told his loyal fans how disloyal an ex 1 had been
Old 27th November 2013, 02:58 AM
UB40 Band Member

Exactly OL.

It was astro who decided to wash his dirty linen in public by organising a press blitz and making up stories. We have NOT been a "rudderless ship" as he calls it. We have been slowly working our way out of the financial problems the band found themselves in. It's been slow but steady, and the band are looking forward to a debt free 2014. As far as the album is concerned, he never once said anything negative about it to the band or anyone around us.

Because of this I thought it was right to let the loyal fans know exactly what happened.

The band knew that Ali was behind this. Astro denied it, they denied it on ali's website. But they were both lying.
Old 27th November 2013, 03:58 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ~JENNY~

I'm not saying your wrong letting the fans know. But when people start pipin up who know nothing about it other than yourself an the boys then it gets to brown nosin. People don't no anythin in between the lines other than what you's have put on here an what Astro has said. Yet people still decide to add there 2pence worth when half of what they say is nonsense an think they know it all when they don't know shit!! There's only you guys an Astro who know the ins an outs of everything an all the history of it. People jus brown nose you an bri as soon as you confirm things about financial stuff an they go on about it as if they know everything!! They don't know anythin! They only know what's been written yet they act like there part of your management an know everythin! Why not jus stay out of your businesses and just continue listening to the music instead of chirpin in with repetitive stuff you've already told us. People think there higher than others on here. well jus to let you all know, we're all EQUAL!! Hopefully you don't take this as any kind of dig at you or the boys jimmy cos it's far from it. It's aimed at a select few who have voiced a load of crap an abuse an don't even know the facts apart from what you've already told us. I jus don't agree with all these management wannabe loonies talkin about stuff they don't even really know about!! Apart from you, the band and Astro.. Nuff love
Old 27th November 2013, 05:15 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to zagreb fan

Yes dear.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:20 AM
UBloonie

The only ones who have said anything about management are Astro and Ali both of whom have left. UB40 have been in my life for 33 years so i love to know whats going on.If the band members dont want to tell us then they wont all Jimmy has done is defend the integrity of the band by disclosing the bare facts of a disloyal band member or 2 ,we all read it so why not have an opinion on it. What any of us say will not make any difference to the outcome but we can all voice our fears,etc and we are lucky enough to have band members come on here to tell their side of the facts, i am certain that they would not come on here to spin lies etc etc etc. I know which corner my money will always be on, those of you who are Astro fans then hey sounds like you can still hear /see him perform with Ali . well that is your right if thats what you want to do.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:46 AM
Super Über UBloonie

opinions are welcome,indeed...gloating is not.

oLdbOi