Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 26th November 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm New here

Default Well said

Well said Jim bob, I feel you've all been shat on from a great height, glad you are speaking up for the band! Btw, nice to meet you after the Wimbledon gig, even if you couldn't be arsed to get up for a photo! Ha ha ha!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
At no point have I attempted to belittle you in any way. I'm just responding to your questions. And attempting to put it right when you get things wrong. I notice you haven't responded to anything I've posted directly. The basic facts are. . . .astro tried to hold the band to ransom for more money because he had financial problems. We agreed to help him so long as he agreed to do up coming shows with us. Astro agreed to that. He took the money and we haven't seen him since. During the same meeting, when he was asked, he denied he was in contact with Ali . Two weeks later we received a resignation letter from astro, 24 hours before the last show. 3 days after that he announces he will appear with Ali.

These are the facts, make of them what you will.
Old 26th November 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm New here

Default Glad someone is speaking up for the band!!

I believe Terence has shat on the whole band from a great height, especially pulling out 24 hours before the Liverpool gig! I'm glad you are standing up for the band Jim bob! Frankly as a life long fan I'm disgusted! Keep doing what you are doing, you all rock! Ps. Nice to finally meet after the Wimbledon gig, even if you couldn't be arsed to stand for a photo! Still, I see you point, the sofa was comfy!!!
Old 26th November 2013, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

(Sorry for that double post DJTommi, I wasnt home to let you in the door.. welcome to the board)
Old 26th November 2013, 10:36 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Interesting reading.
Old 26th November 2013, 10:53 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Are you the world's only surviving brain transplant donor.

Try HRT or something,
i've never encountered a knob of such the highest order. i aint gonna waste me breath on you or me typing. if this was years gone by you'd be one of jim jones' lot believing wholeheartedly the end of the world is coming and you are going to meet the lord.
Old 26th November 2013, 10:59 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING View Post
i've never encountered a knob of such the highest order. i aint gonna waste me breath on you or me typing. if this was years gone by you'd be one of jim jones' lot believing wholeheartedly the end of the world is coming and you are going to meet the lord.

Last week, before all this started I was on the board here one day reading some posts, and I started thinking, "I wonder what Sting is up to these days...I sure do miss her." Now....not so much....

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 26th November 2013, 11:02 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
Last week, before all this started I was on the board here one day reading some posts, and I started thinking, "I wonder what Sting is up to these days...I sure do miss her." Now....not so much....

sigh. don't really care
Old 26th November 2013, 11:04 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Didn't he sing Loveboat?

I see you've now put the k on the front of nob.Well done,that's progress.I've heard people say the sort of things you do before.Think it was in the queue waiting for my free bottle of milk in school 40 odd years ago.
Old 27th November 2013, 02:32 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
go fk yersen you nob
Quote:
and you're another knob. come and meet me, see if i'm fake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Are you the world's only surviving brain transplant donor.

Try HRT or something,
Hey Tom, oops sorry, Fellow Knob!! Shall we meet up at the pub to discuss our knobness. I, for one, am very proud to be a knob...as apparently it means I'm not two-faced nor do I change my loyalty with the wind...

Old 27th November 2013, 03:44 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Hey Tom, oops sorry, Fellow Knob!! Shall we meet up at the pub to discuss our knobness. I, for one, am very proud to be a knob...as apparently it means I'm not two-faced nor do I change my loyalty with the wind...

Would be a pleasure Trish.Never heard anything like it from a grown woman.