Old 5th May 2013, 07:54 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default UKraP

The media love to hype a story.

If you believed everything they've been saying about the local council elections, you would think that UKIP and the odious nigel farage are about to sweep into power at the next general election.

But is that what these elections are telling us.??

How many votes did UKIP really get ???

They talk breathlessly about UKIP's '25% share of the vote. But they fail to mention that the turnout was pitifully low. Just over 30%.

The reality is that it only adds up to 8% of possible votes. And this is in [mostly] the tory heartland of the shires. Just shows how disillusioned the tories are with this useless government.

The real story of the last few days was Labours win in south shields with over 50% of the vote. A rare democratic result.

I say bring it on UKIP and help labour to put the tories back in the box they've been hiding in for well over a decade.

Cameron couldn't win the last election, and he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near next time.
Old 5th May 2013, 08:30 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Question

What are UKIP policies?
Do they plan on making major changes to say social housing? or reinstate the ESA? for those wrongly put back to work, or should I say had their money reduced though they are not physically or mentally able to hold down a job. Do they promise to give young people a chance of a job or an apprenticeship?

I ask as I genuinely don't know what they're about.

love jx
Old 5th May 2013, 11:48 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Seems to me UKIP are the tea party of the tories.Bunch of Daily Mail reading bigots.The sort of people I imagine droning on about foreigners at the bar of a Surrey golf club.

Another interesting thing about the South Shields result was the pitiful performance of the Lib Dems.They got 352 votes and finished 7th!!!Good enough for them.
Old 6th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Waltjo

Their only policy is to get us out of Europe, nothing much on the home front people just voting as a protest

~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~
Old 7th May 2013, 11:49 AM
Über UBLoonie

Will they also repatriate our German Queen & her Asylum-seeker Greek Consort
Old 7th May 2013, 11:50 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Seems to me UKIP are the tea party of the tories.Bunch of Daily Mail reading bigots.The sort of people I imagine droning on about foreigners at the bar of a Surrey golf club.

Another interesting thing about the South Shields result was the pitiful performance of the Lib Dems.They got 352 votes and finished 7th!!!Good enough for them.

They're not racist - they hate everyone equally
Old 7th May 2013, 07:56 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Will they also repatriate our German Queen & her Asylum-seeker Greek Consort
That's the big hole in their main policy. They talk about zero immigration, and preventing them from claiming welfare, even though most immigrants come here to work and are usually young. And don't allow for the fact that there are over a million british people living abroad in europe [mainly old] who are more in need of health services.

What would happen if all those british people who are retired living in spain were told that they can't use their health service ???

They are just typical little englanders who hate foreigners and think england is still 'GREAT'.
Old 7th May 2013, 11:03 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
That's the big hole in their main policy. They talk about zero immigration, and preventing them from claiming welfare, even though most immigrants come here to work and are usually young. And don't allow for the fact that there are over a million british people living abroad in europe [mainly old] who are more in need of health services.

What would happen if all those british people who are retired living in spain were told that they can't use their health service ???

They are just typical little englanders who hate foreigners and think england is still 'GREAT'.
UK ....JB........not just England but hey ...quite happy for the South to keep him....
But yes ....their policies are heroically moth-eaten....they are definitely not ..."gasp"...based on any well thought out logic ...
it is quite as though they would like to shut out the whole of the rest of the world...make believe we don't exist as part of it ........
Old 10th May 2013, 10:04 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
What are UKIP policies?
Do they plan on making major changes to say social housing? or reinstate the ESA? for those wrongly put back to work, or should I say had their money reduced though they are not physically or mentally able to hold down a job. Do they promise to give young people a chance of a job or an apprenticeship?

I ask as I genuinely don't know what they're about.

love jx
In a nutshell Jen, No.
Old 10th May 2013, 10:07 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
UK ....JB........not just England but hey ...quite happy for the South to keep him....
But yes ....their policies are heroically moth-eaten....they are definitely not ..."gasp"...based on any well thought out logic ...
it is quite as though they would like to shut out the whole of the rest of the world...make believe we don't exist as part of it ........

That reads just like camerons policies Neph.