Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 5th May 2013, 07:54 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default UKraP

The media love to hype a story.

If you believed everything they've been saying about the local council elections, you would think that UKIP and the odious nigel farage are about to sweep into power at the next general election.

But is that what these elections are telling us.??

How many votes did UKIP really get ???

They talk breathlessly about UKIP's '25% share of the vote. But they fail to mention that the turnout was pitifully low. Just over 30%.

The reality is that it only adds up to 8% of possible votes. And this is in [mostly] the tory heartland of the shires. Just shows how disillusioned the tories are with this useless government.

The real story of the last few days was Labours win in south shields with over 50% of the vote. A rare democratic result.

I say bring it on UKIP and help labour to put the tories back in the box they've been hiding in for well over a decade.

Cameron couldn't win the last election, and he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anywhere near next time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 5th May 2013, 08:30 PM
j59's Avatar
j59 j59 is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: southampton
Posts: 21,453
Question

What are UKIP policies?
Do they plan on making major changes to say social housing? or reinstate the ESA? for those wrongly put back to work, or should I say had their money reduced though they are not physically or mentally able to hold down a job. Do they promise to give young people a chance of a job or an apprenticeship?

I ask as I genuinely don't know what they're about.

love jx
__________________
UBSTORYTELLER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JenLor
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5th May 2013, 11:48 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Seems to me UKIP are the tea party of the tories.Bunch of Daily Mail reading bigots.The sort of people I imagine droning on about foreigners at the bar of a Surrey golf club.

Another interesting thing about the South Shields result was the pitiful performance of the Lib Dems.They got 352 votes and finished 7th!!!Good enough for them.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 6th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Waltjo's Avatar
Waltjo Waltjo is offline
Extra Super Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Wales/Welsh and proud of it!
Posts: 27,869
Send a message via MSN to Waltjo
Default

Their only policy is to get us out of Europe, nothing much on the home front people just voting as a protest
__________________
Big Luv
Mags



~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 7th May 2013, 11:49 AM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Will they also repatriate our German Queen & her Asylum-seeker Greek Consort
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 7th May 2013, 11:50 AM
Saad's Avatar
Saad Saad is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Seems to me UKIP are the tea party of the tories.Bunch of Daily Mail reading bigots.The sort of people I imagine droning on about foreigners at the bar of a Surrey golf club.

Another interesting thing about the South Shields result was the pitiful performance of the Lib Dems.They got 352 votes and finished 7th!!!Good enough for them.

They're not racist - they hate everyone equally
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 7th May 2013, 07:56 PM
JB40's Avatar
JB40 JB40 is offline
UB40 Band Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Will they also repatriate our German Queen & her Asylum-seeker Greek Consort
That's the big hole in their main policy. They talk about zero immigration, and preventing them from claiming welfare, even though most immigrants come here to work and are usually young. And don't allow for the fact that there are over a million british people living abroad in europe [mainly old] who are more in need of health services.

What would happen if all those british people who are retired living in spain were told that they can't use their health service ???

They are just typical little englanders who hate foreigners and think england is still 'GREAT'.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 7th May 2013, 11:03 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
That's the big hole in their main policy. They talk about zero immigration, and preventing them from claiming welfare, even though most immigrants come here to work and are usually young. And don't allow for the fact that there are over a million british people living abroad in europe [mainly old] who are more in need of health services.

What would happen if all those british people who are retired living in spain were told that they can't use their health service ???

They are just typical little englanders who hate foreigners and think england is still 'GREAT'.
UK ....JB........not just England but hey ...quite happy for the South to keep him....
But yes ....their policies are heroically moth-eaten....they are definitely not ..."gasp"...based on any well thought out logic ...
it is quite as though they would like to shut out the whole of the rest of the world...make believe we don't exist as part of it ........
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10th May 2013, 10:04 PM
kate13 kate13 is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 22,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
What are UKIP policies?
Do they plan on making major changes to say social housing? or reinstate the ESA? for those wrongly put back to work, or should I say had their money reduced though they are not physically or mentally able to hold down a job. Do they promise to give young people a chance of a job or an apprenticeship?

I ask as I genuinely don't know what they're about.

love jx
In a nutshell Jen, No.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10th May 2013, 10:07 PM
kate13 kate13 is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 22,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
UK ....JB........not just England but hey ...quite happy for the South to keep him....
But yes ....their policies are heroically moth-eaten....they are definitely not ..."gasp"...based on any well thought out logic ...
it is quite as though they would like to shut out the whole of the rest of the world...make believe we don't exist as part of it ........

That reads just like camerons policies Neph.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd