Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th February 2001, 07:50 AM
UBloonie

Default Re: Who's been to Jamaica?

Hello Cindy,

I've been to jamaica, it's the best palce to be. I've stayed in Ocho Rios. This country is so beautiful. You must see the dune-river water falls and certaintly go to James Bond beach. when you been at james bond beach, you can see ali's house and studios in the hills. James Bond beach is also a place where many reggae concerts are given. In ocho rios is every thursdaynight a reggea party in the streets. Famulous.

So i hope you enjoy your trip greetings

UBnormie
Old 16th February 2001, 09:02 AM
Über UBLoonie

Woz there last year! If you r there around early August, I definitely recommend Sumfest....saw Beres Hammond, Skatalites, Luciano, Third World, Half Pint, and so on......starts late, finishes v. early (morning time that is!). It goes on for about 5 nights, all different. The last 2 are usually International nights! Loads of fun, brill atmosphere, loads to drink, eat & !
I want to go back again this year, so maybe I'll see ya there!

"Get one of your own
So you can whisper too"
Old 16th February 2001, 01:46 PM
UBloonie

Yep...Im guilty of going...Long time ago though,and stayed in Ocho rios..The reggae Sunslash is a must in Montego..Have fun and all the best from Johnny 2 bad
Old 16th February 2001, 02:20 PM
UBloonie

im following you j2b!!

Hi Cindy - I went about 6 years ago (I was working on a cruise ship around the caribbean - highly rec. that one!!). I loved the place. Everyone was really friendly, the woman in Montego Bay just waited to braid my hair and the men wanted to take me in their taxi!! In the nicest possible way. I would love to go back again. The weather was fab. You will have a great time im sure
Old 16th February 2001, 03:49 PM
UBloonie

Hi Cindy.. never had the chance to go there yet.but if your looking to take anyone then
im free!!.... biglove
Old 16th February 2001, 07:09 PM
UBloonie

Cindy, you are so lucky. I would love to go, but a fortnight package in some all inclusive does not appeal to me and no-one I know will go any other way. They keep telling me that it is dangerous and there is too much crime ........well so has Dublin, or any other large city, but it doesn't stop us going does it? I was going to get married there 2 years ago, but there was soo much moaning, I called it off. Now my dream is to spend a few months there and get the boys to play at my wedding.......if only..
We can all dream
Anyway you enjoy yourself.....I'm sure that you will....how can you not
I am so jelous.....
Old 16th February 2001, 07:32 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Sweet Sensation

Cindy, I loved Jamaica, like others have said, make sure you get to Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. (get the sticky feet; and don't go on the tour, just do it yourself) also there is a really botanical garden there or a rainforest tour. We had the best taxi driver there, he was awesome, great guy, when we were back, we got him again... you should really try to get him. i think his name is chucky... i will look into it for you though!!!
Old 16th February 2001, 10:04 PM
UBloonie

would love to go and these posts have just made me want it even more....geordie1, sumfest sounds awesome....
Old 17th February 2001, 07:54 AM
UBloonie

Hello cindy,

if they recommend you to go to the graveyard of bob marley, listen to this: We have a 4 hour ddrive through the mountains (very bad roads) and when we finally been there, they ask 25 us dollars to get in. (don't forget to pay the guide!!!!) the guide told us stories about Bob Marley, that i know for sure are wrong. Oke the graveyard hisself is beautiful, but you aren't allowed to take pictures.
If been to the orachabessa studios, in ali's house. That was great, heared Village Ghettoland, with Ali, Robin and Duncan, Pops put music under it and it sounds very great.

Greetings Ubnormie
Old 17th February 2001, 01:55 PM
UBloonie

I haven't been to Jamaica yet but my girlfriend has. She has been on a trip which also included a visit to Jamaica. I have seen some beautiful pictures she took of Ocho Rios, the place to be, especially the Dune River waterfalls
I hope to go there myself one day! My girlfriend came back with original Jamaican rum and Blue Mountain coffee so at least I already have some taste of Jamaica

JorisJ