Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 5th February 2003, 02:38 PM
UBloonie

Default FOR FOOTBALL FANS OUT THERE HOW IS YOUR TEAM DOING

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON HERE THAT YOU HATE FOOTBALL OR ANYTHING ABUSIVE ABOUT ANY OTHER TEAM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW...ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT YOUR TEAM IS DOING THIS SEASON AND WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY WILL END UP AT END OF IT

ok leicester city fan always have been always will be....season so far is looking good some stupid results have let us down or we could have been on top of div 1...being in administration has held us back on loan deals but that looks sorted now so hopefuly full steam ahead and we will get promotion that we need..out of both cups but think premiership football for a season or two is better than a cup win....think there are a possible three looking good at top and we just have to keep doing what we can to stay in top two.....

BLUE ARMY MARCHES BACK TO THE PREMIERSHIP.....

[img]graemlins/friends.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/friends.gif[/img]
Old 5th February 2003, 02:43 PM
UBloonie

Default Re: FOR FOOTBALL FANS OUT THERE HOW IS YOUR TEAM DOING

I'm an Ajax-fan and I think they're doing fine: they're second in the league, still in the CL, in the Dutch cup with two (!!!) teams and they won the last match with 6-0. The only bad thing is that they lost to P$V, which caused them to lose the first place
Old 5th February 2003, 02:45 PM
UBloonie

hey went amsterdam two years ago and had to buy an ajax shirt while there....was a big fan of johan cruyff......if thats spelt right
Old 5th February 2003, 02:47 PM
UBloonie

hey rob...
my team are doing ok after a very dissapointing season. we're mid table and should be doing better. hopefully we're on the up now.
Old 5th February 2003, 02:50 PM
UBloonie

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ogm:
hey went amsterdam two years ago and had to buy an ajax shirt while there....was a big fan of johan cruyff......if thats spelt right<hr></blockquote>

You spelt it right, it's Johan Cruyff indeed! My favourite is Jari Litmanen, although this season is his worst EVER
Old 5th February 2003, 04:08 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via AIM to jahnus Send a message via MSN to jahnus

im a feyenoord fan and i got a good feeling for the second half of the competition .......but we should have done better in europe tho lets hope for the best

greetings jahnus [img]graemlins/bouncered.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncered.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncered.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncered.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img]

[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: jahnus ]</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-CmFHU7Aw
Old 5th February 2003, 04:58 PM
UBloonie

to contributing to this topic.. but having loved and following Liverpool through their glory days, (being a young lad)..kicking, saving, position, the tears ,the glory, teams that wont take no for an ansewr, motivation, the good feelin "Jubilient" and everything ascosiated with football in general,.. or profesional,.. (playing with your mates and so on)... was a great feeling and an experience, you always want to be on the winning side, profesionally, glory doesn't always uphold, because someone/teams always want to be better or get better and not give up.. what im tying to say, wether to the conatary or not, or wether the above makes sense or not, I always
have passion for the underdog, I love motivation and commitment, and when these sort of teams win.. man !! you know they deserve it... i
dont follow football as much ,these last few years, but I sincerly hope all your teams do well.
But one thing rhat makes me happy , is will and determination of a team that gets slaged off ..(the underdogs being on the wiining post.) Please excuse me if non of the above makes sense, I will not be contributing/posting anyfurther to this.

Respect to all
Old 5th February 2003, 05:04 PM
Über UBLoonie

Well Liverpool had a Sticky patch..what with Dudek leting 3 points slip against Man u then Jeffers taking a Dive at Highbury let another 2 points slip[ and we were on free fall for 2 months 10 games with out a win the worst in over 50 years..Houlier was getting a bit nervous walking past the Kop..Then the Boy wonder started missfireing,,i thought things can only get better..well 2 months later we are in a Great cup final with the manchester and we was in a FA cup .. Uefa cup seems the only European football we will get this year.And who would have thought that 5 weeks into the season we were 5 points clear of Arsenal.
Been a funny one for me...A good win against Manu in the final and then watching City Beat them again this week end will do me..Oh and will be goof to see the Walkers Crisps Boys back Next season.
Rossy

[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: Rossy ]</p>
Old 5th February 2003, 05:10 PM
UBloonie

termoil is the only way i can describe it,ferdinand,keane,bowyer,fowler and woodgate all gone (boo hoo) but were fighters as viduka proved when claiming revenge at gillingham (hee hee) weve been wacked with injurys but milner! star quality or what? COME ON YOU WHITES! [img]graemlins/bounceyellow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounceyellow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounceyellow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounceyellow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bouncegrey.gif[/img]
Old 5th February 2003, 05:16 PM
UBloonie

Well we had another somewhat fortunate win last night (ManU) and remain second so I suppose I shouldn't complain,but I will lol... There was a time in late 90's when as a fan you went to the game you just knew the team would win,somehow with todays team you are never sure til the final whistle,the free scoring playing teams off the pitch days seem to have been replaced with a "if Ruud don't score the team won't " feeling....

As for my other team,Boston United,we are still in the relegation zone,not sure where the 5 mins injury came from on Sat but we still had enouch chances to win... Just hope we can stay up and then build for next season.. Will still support them tho no matter what league we in or how many we lose by