Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 7th June 2007, 07:13 PM
UBloonie

Default I can read music now! :-)

Back in my high school days i played drums in the band, and i learned how to read a little music...only the basics needed for drums though (i.e. what half notes, whole notes and 16th notes are...and a few paradiddles). But not till recently have i been able to read what lettering the notes are (you know...A..A flat...A sharp). But now i can!!!

Now if only i could learn to play an instrument.....lol...if it's not one thing then it's another!

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 7th June 2007, 09:12 PM
UB40 Fan

Try learning the piano, you can start of by buying a keyboard and maybe one of those piano for dimmies books, thats what i did.
Old 10th June 2007, 12:49 AM
UBloonie

leave it to a "dimmie" to need all that help too
is that one step worse than dummy? and the self help books for dimmies only have pictures???? just wondering........
Old 10th June 2007, 04:29 AM
Über UBLoonie

I used to play a few instruments in school and could read music, way back when.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do either now. Congratulations, Now to crack, reading music and making music
Old 10th June 2007, 04:34 AM
UBloonie

i already knew how to play drums. I took two years of band in high school. Back then i didn't care about learning to read music.....i just wanted to make a noise...lol

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 10th June 2007, 04:37 AM
UBloonie

btw...i have an old piano here at home....it's terribly out of tune though...which means it fits right in with my vocals I "fiddle" on it (pardon the pun) from time to time, but i really get bored with pianos. I'm a keyboard man myself....so much more you can do with a keyboard.