Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 28th July 2009, 07:17 AM
UBloonie

Default UB40 - Mission accomplished

This was going to be a short post recommending a CD that I got at the weekend (more of that in a mo ), but then it got me thinking why I had ordered the CD in the first place, the answer UB40.

Way back in 1980, I was working in Finsbury Park (London N4), opposite the office was a small reggae record shop, called harveys, they had the speakers outside the shop, and choons would blast out all day. Anyway this is where I bought my first imported album, I was a young 17/18 year old, white boy, who spent his lunch times amongst the Rasta's, perusing the stock. Anyway back to the record, it was Bunny Wailer 'Rock & Groove', and the reason I was in that shop..........UB40, they got me into the wonderful world of REGGAE, so as I said UB40 mission accomplished, and thank you so much.

Anyway the album, ordered it from Amazon, and the CD has twice as many tracks as the vinyl, and there is one tune that I cannot stop playing, which is Bunnys dancehall version of 'Nice Time' what a choooooooonnnnnn, worth buyimg the album for that track alone (in my opinion ), I would post a link or something on here, but I don't know how to, or if I am allowed, and his version is not on youtube

But anyway, I am rambling on now, but just wanted to recommend the album, and thank UB40, for their music and introducing me to Reggae music

Ta
Old 28th July 2009, 07:37 AM
Super Über UBloonie

is that the small record shop opposite the station ...pub a few doors on the corner....nice one Steve....

bOi

reggae wha' m'love..an' that wha' m'deffend...
Old 28th July 2009, 09:16 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Location: Birmingham,Home of UB40&Aston Villa FC.Cadburys Ozzy Osbourne,Rover cars and HP Sauce Deceased.

Here ya go Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acdDJsNamDE
Old 28th July 2009, 01:21 PM
UB40 Band Member

When you discover something so great, you want to share it with people.
Love this post.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:26 PM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Nice post Skeggsy!

Old 28th July 2009, 01:50 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to dutchy Send a message via Yahoo to dutchy

Nice post steve, from 1974 i was a big fan of elvis presley [still am though]. i was 7 years old, how i got the money i have no clue, but i had elvis records, than starsky & hutch came on the tele and i heard the david soul song: don't give up on us, i was imitating his hear style haha, i was born in 1967, since i can remember i was always interrested in music, late 70's i was interrested in madness, and during my whole life soul [motown sound] and i've always love all sort of ballads, at the time madnes became more poppy i needed other good music, police and ub40 became my favourite music, but also like a lot of rock,trance,blues, to be honest i love to hear anything except hard-house and death metal, because those genres is raping music in my ears,
Old 28th July 2009, 10:22 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLdbOi
is that the small record shop opposite the station ...pub a few doors on the corner....nice one Steve....

bOi

reggae wha' m'love..an' that wha' m'deffend...
B

thats it mate, I think it must be gone now, I think the boozer was called the Silver Bullet, the bank that I worked in is now a bookies!!

Anyway, put rock & Groove on your birthday/Christmas list (after LOL4 of course
Old 28th July 2009, 10:32 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubreggae
Thanks for that, I really wantd to share his version of 'Nice Time' but couldn't find it on You tube I think Bob covered it, not sure who did it originally
Old 28th July 2009, 11:41 PM
UBloonie

Default Re: UB40 - Mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Skeggs
This was going to be a short post recommending a CD that I got at the weekend (more of that in a mo ), but then it got me thinking why I had ordered the CD in the first place, the answer UB40.

Way back in 1980, I was working in Finsbury Park (London N4), opposite the office was a small reggae record shop, called harveys, they had the speakers outside the shop, and choons would blast out all day. Anyway this is where I bought my first imported album, I was a young 17/18 year old, white boy, who spent his lunch times amongst the Rasta's, perusing the stock. Anyway back to the record, it was Bunny Wailer 'Rock & Groove', and the reason I was in that shop..........UB40, they got me into the wonderful world of REGGAE, so as I said UB40 mission accomplished, and thank you so much.

Anyway the album, ordered it from Amazon, and the CD has twice as many tracks as the vinyl, and there is one tune that I cannot stop playing, which is Bunnys dancehall version of 'Nice Time' what a choooooooonnnnnn, worth buyimg the album for that track alone (in my opinion ), I would post a link or something on here, but I don't know how to, or if I am allowed, and his version is not on youtube

But anyway, I am rambling on now, but just wanted to recommend the album, and thank UB40, for their music and introducing me to Reggae music

Ta
U forgot to say "with a hint of blue on the skin"

Nice post Stevo xx
Old 29th July 2009, 03:33 AM
Super Über UBloonie

awwwwww wicked post steve thanks xx

bubbling with love for ub40