Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 29th November 2013, 10:24 PM
UBloonie

Default Check out this reggae song I made...

...keep in mind that I had only been using this music program on my computer for two days when I made this song. So I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of it. This likely won't be the final mix of this song either, as there are several things I'd like to add...and I'd even like to change the bassline a bit. But nonetheless, here's a rough mix of "Nightmare."

https://soundcloud.com/wxmatt82/nightmare-instrumental

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 30th November 2013, 11:06 AM
UB40 Fan

Hey that's not bad GM! Which software programme where you using?
Old 30th November 2013, 06:40 PM
UBloonie

using FL Studio 11 Producer Edition. I just posted another song on Soundcloud yesterday that I'm even more proud of! It's called Don't Give Up (Dub mix). Have a listen to it when you get the chance.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'