Old 6th December 2013, 07:47 AM
UB40 Band Member

Default Free Nelson

There have been some very good tributes to the legendary Nelson Mandela. David lammy was particularly eloquent and passionate last night on news night. And he made a really important observation when he praised the likes of frank Dobson for all the hard work he and other labour politicians put in to the destruction of the hideous apartheid regime in SA. Making the point that Mandela more than anyone represented the long cherished dream of racial harmony. A focus for white and black people who believe in diversity and equality.

Millions of white people around the world fought to end apartheid, marching alongside blacks inside and outside South Africa. And Mandela himself praised whites inside and outside SA who made the anti apartheid movement so powerful and ultimately successful.

But guess what ?

That does NOT include the British establishment or the TORY party. While people round the world were demonstrating against apartheid, the Tories were supplying arms to the white SA government, helping the racists to murder black South Africans, and helping those racist to exploit and enslave the African population. Thatcher and the rest of the Tories called Nelson Mandela a terrorist, had banned the ANC. They sent thug police over to SA to teach their thugs how to keep the people down, and they did everything they could to keep apartheid going as long as they could. All this was helped along by the British aristocracy and of course the British press, particularly Murdoch.

So when I see Cameron giving his tribute on TV I get a bit nauseous. Talking about Mandela being a hero "for all time" makes me feel sick. Because it wasn't so long ago that his party was calling Mandela a criminal and a terrorist and just not the "right sort". It wasn't so long ago that his party was doing everything they could to make sure Mandela stayed IN JAIL !!,,,

Fkn hypocrites !!!!
Old 6th December 2013, 08:02 AM
UB40 Band Member

And the TV keep showing that fkn clip of the fkn SPICE GIRLS lining up to exploit the generosity of Mandela to promote their piss-poor records. Arch thatcherites with a combined IQ of -10. Tory supporters who didn't give a sh:t about Mandela when he was fighting the apartheid regime that their hero thatcher loved so much.
Old 6th December 2013, 08:05 AM
Super Über UBloonie

oLdbOi...see d'hypocrite dem....
Old 6th December 2013, 10:46 AM
UBloonie

seeing ca-moron talking was a bit sickening,,, dave wakeling from the beat stuck something up on facebook saying much the same thing as jimmy, outing the torys attitude towards mandela and the anc....by posting a bit of propaganda of the time...

but i think jerry dammers and the special aka, need a pat on the back for writing that song, free nelson mandela...
not only did it bring attention to mandelas plight, and its because of that song, that people like me, and many others i suspect, first heard the name... nelson mandela..

on a side note, it was quite moving watching a bar full of south africans, back in bahrain 2005, singing and dancing to that song, performed by a bunch of kiwis..
Old 6th December 2013, 12:43 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Agreed Jimmy.Would also like to add the name of Peter Hain,a South African born MP who was tireless in his campaign against apartheid.

Thatcher called Mandela a communist terrorist while inviting the murderous General Pinochet of Chile to tea.That says everything about her character.If I'm wrong and there is an afterlife I don't think Madiba will have to worry about being accosted by Maggie seeking political conversation.I sense they will end up at different destinations.
Old 6th December 2013, 01:28 PM
UB40 Band Member

Yes comrade.

We can't let the Tories rewrite history. It was LABOUR who fought to free South Africa from the minority apartheid government. The Tories WERE the SA government, Tory supported racists manning one of the last outposts of empire with 100 percent support from the British Tories and British establishment, cheered along by the British press and the British aristocracy.

Labour otoh always supported Mandela and the ANC.

And Obama has every right to pay tribute to Mandela too. He spent his early years fighting to overturn apartheid and was obviously inspired by Mandela.

The American Republican Party were NO friend to Mandela either. They called Mandela a terrorist and banned the ANC, while doing lucrative business with the illegitimate minority white government in SA.

Maybe this thread should be a list of the enemies of Mandela.

It should also include the daily mail, the telegraph, and any Murdoch rag. All of them hated Mandela and would sooner have seen him hanged than freed from jail. All of them making profits from investing in the exploitation of SA land and resources, and the enslavement of the African population.

All of them trying to airbrush their own ignorant, venal, racist history from the story.

Hypocrites the lot of em.
Old 6th December 2013, 01:37 PM
Super Über UBloonie

I would argue that Thatcher and Reagan prolonged apartheid.The rest of the world had long declared South Africa a pariah state.I remember squirming when votes were taken at Commonwealth conferences and the result would be 49-1 in favour of stronger action against the regime.No prizes for guessing who the one was.

What the hell were you doing posting at 6.45 in the morning Jimmy.Has to be a first.
Old 6th December 2013, 01:57 PM
UB40 Band Member

I was dropping the wife and her sister off at the airport at 5am comrade. When I got back I put on the breakfast news just in time to see Cameron's powdered arse-face doing his PR job. Spouting meaningless empty words about Mandela being a "hero for ALL time". He wasn't a hero for the Tories when they were financing the murder of thousands of Africans.
Old 6th December 2013, 02:13 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Just saw Boris spouting off as well.Mercifully the sound conked out.The interviewer asked him about the tory attitude to Mandela back in the day.He blustered on about not being that politically active then.I bet the plight of black South Africans featured really highly at meetings of the Bullingdon Club.

Have you nicked the wife's I-pad or are back online?
Old 6th December 2013, 02:24 PM
UB40 Band Member

I ned to confess Tom.
My computer is still fkd so I've done a terrible thing. Remember the wife said something about "from her cold dead hand" ? The wife is now buried in the back garden. I dropped a look alike at the airport to pretend that she has left the country. I got the idea from an early Columbo episode.

Another brilliant idea was I've buried her with her bum sticking out of the ground because I needed somewhere to park my bike