UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Aldi In Manchester (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=603196)

UBBARMY 28th May 2011 01:01 AM

Aldi In Manchester

Anyone heard review - I got one last nite - not looking good 500 attended- wont repeat rest afraid of law suit xx

rhondda rudie 28th May 2011 01:50 AM

That many,I'm appalled.:-)

San Diego 28th May 2011 03:00 AM

I'm surprised it was that high.....

Groovy 40 28th May 2011 06:49 PM

heard he wants to do another version of One In Ten now with some rap kids :aagh:

surely copyright would be an issue coz we all know Lord of The Drumbats wrote it didnt he :confused:

JB40 28th May 2011 07:12 PM

a picture paints a thousand words.

believe it or not. this gig is not a UB40 gig. It's ali campbell and his 'dep' band. But i don't think all those people driving past are going to be aware of that. In fact, the band that are actually playing aren't even mentioned. What a very strange thing to do. Not letting people know who is ACTUALLY playing the gig. Blatant fraud.

Aaron Otang 28th May 2011 07:43 PM

fookin hell jimbo thats a shocker... shakes monkey heed!!!! :banghead:

it be a nice ad board if didnt have the wrong band on it

JB40 28th May 2011 07:48 PM

looks like pork pie central is living up to it's name Aaron.

McDUB BOY aka Superal 28th May 2011 08:50 PM

Thats got to be doing ub40 damage jimmy , shocking

bt/ub40 28th May 2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB40 (Post 1580059)

believe it or not. this gig is not a UB40 gig. It's ali campbell and his 'dep' band. But i don't think all those people driving past are going to be aware of that. In fact, the band that are actually playing aren't even mentioned. What a very strange thing to do. Not letting people know who is ACTUALLY playing the gig. Blatant fraud.

\

aldi makes me laugh...tooo funny....:laff:

TiciaBlovesUB 28th May 2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB40 (Post 1580059)

:x sickening! What a bunch of CRAP-OLA! It's too bad Aldi didn't just buy a Harley Davidsons during his mid-life crisis-like normal peeps do.

I have to say, though, it is common knowledge for ANYONE who is mildly familiar with UB that he is gone, even with his "fan base", so doncha think there might be a bunch of eye rolling going on anyway when people see this false advertising?

Well I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks hope so! Here, I'll start the wave: :roll::roll::roll::roll: (:banghead:)