UB40 Forums

UB40 Forums (http://ub40.global/forum/index.php)
-   UB40 Discussion (http://ub40.global/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   They are even plagarising song titles now (http://ub40.global/forum/showthread.php?t=612282)

mrClaypole 7th February 2014 11:24 AM

They are even plagarising song titles now

Just seen this posted on the Specials forum

GefferyMorgan 7th February 2014 11:40 AM

I like the bassline to that. Nothing negative about the music....it's what Ali says in the media that pisses me off. I wish he'd put a sock in it and just make music!

mrClaypole 7th February 2014 11:45 AM

sly though, if someone does a search on you tube for UB40 reggae music, this is what they will find.
Are they going to write one called Red red wine next?.

GefferyMorgan 7th February 2014 11:51 AM

I hear ya. Yeah, when I first saw the title, I thought they were reworking the old UB40 tune that Earl wrote! But alas...it's this song instead.

dread rock 7th February 2014 12:02 PM

As I have already said on a UB40 dedicated page on facebook has any body noticed how Reggae Music has been written if you look very carefully it is written in more or less exactly the same way as the track listing on the back of the Promises and Lies album surely this is a copyright infringement.

mrClaypole 7th February 2014 12:18 PM

Just been to the Aldi page and seen this.

"Fresh from the studio, Ali, Astro and Mickey have produced a brass-laden call out to their fans in the form of this brand new track ‘Reggae Music’. The track heralds the triumphant return of UB40 and responds to the recent dialogue between the trio and their former members, by letting the music do the talking.
This is just a sign of things to come. How about we let the fans decide?"

Sounds like fighting talk. How about calling your selves something different and stop confusing the fans??!!!

JB40 7th February 2014 12:34 PM

The fans have already decided. Our tour looks like being a sell out with loads of dates and loads more to come.

They can desperately try and get some attention.

But if a tree falls in a forest, and there is nobody around to hear it, does it actually make a noise ?????

mrClaypole 7th February 2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB40 (Post 1648772)
The fans have already decided. Our tour looks like being a sell out with loads of dates and loads more to come.

But if a tree falls in a forest, and there is nobody around to hear it, does it actually make a noise ?????

Too true J.B and very philosophical for this time of day.
Hey ho, onwards and upwards.......are the pubs open?

Saad 7th February 2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB40 (Post 1648772)

Why not just send Norman and his Gorgans to go round to sit on them :haha:

hickpaul.96 7th February 2014 12:55 PM

Let the fans decide.......

"A hard days night" VS "If you ever have forever in mind"
"You really got me" VS "Midnight rider"
"Flex" VS "A love I can feel"
"My heart is gone" VS "Bring it on home to me"
"Don’t shoot the messenger" VS "Cream puff"

Errrrrm, ok I've decided....lol lol lol

Ali has a designative (marmite) voice which I happen to like, when he sings "naturally". Other than that he's a Tw@t and he knows it.
Lost all respect for Astro - he knows what he's done isn't right and i bet he's hurt deep down inside (Money speaks and bullshits walking). I know you'll be reading this Ast (cos you're never off it) and even you must admit, that I'm right?
Micky neither here nor there - and he knows that too.

Apart from Ali's voice, none of them are great musicians, and they all know that too. (Great fraudsters though - "Wolff of Wall Street" springs to mind).

Listen to the music guys....there's no comparison.:beer:

Paul